How to get good sleep at night â€“ Top 10 Bedtime
1. Stick to a schedule â€“ get out of bed the same time every morning, even on holidays and weekends.
2. Avoid exercising and stressful activities 2 hours before you go to bed.
3. Avoid caffeine drinks (coffee, tea, soft drinks) and alcohol.
4. Get the bedroom to be completely dark. No light what so ever. Also keep it quite (no distracting noise, use ear plugs if necessary) and cool. Also keep it well ventilated.
5. Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4-6 hours before bedtime.
6. The bed room is meant for sleeping. Donâ€™t work in bed. Your body will then immediately associate the bedroom with sleeping.
7. Try relaxation methods. Deep breathing could be just what you need. Some meditation wonâ€™t hurt also.
8. Leave your troubles for tomorrow. The bed is not the place to thing about your worries and your tasks for tomorrow.
9. If you still canâ€™t sleep, go to another room and read for a few minutes until you feel sleepy.
10. Warm milk or bananas before bed could help you fall asleep.
How to get good sleep at night â€“ Natural
Many plants and herbs have sedative and relaxing properties (valerian root, chamomile) that will safely help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Nutritional supplements are especially effective for occasional sleeplessness. They are mostly safe, non addictive and effective very fast.
Melatonin is probably the most important ingredient to look for in your sleep supplement. Itâ€™s a hormone that helps you to feel sleepy, close your eyes, and then slip easily into peaceful, deep sleep.
Other herbs in the supplement should be sedative and with anti-anxiety and stress properties. There are many supplements out there and it is important to know which one to choose and what would be the best solution for you.