Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please take a Moment and Introduce Yourself

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 450 Total Views
Hello, My name is Karen. I am married and have 1 child.
It is my intention to create active change in our laws for our children for their sake. 

What do you want to see?

Let us know.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LuvnMy4Kids
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:23 AM
My name is Shayla and I am a SAHM to 4 kids, My 5 year old son suffered from SBS at 3 months of age. We will never heal from the events that happened that day, but something that has helped me move on is advocating for abused children. I was not aware of what SBS was, or the symptoms. My son was misdiagnosed several time before he was rushed to the ER while I was at work, to find he had been severely abused for a month and a half. I am so blessed to have had such a little fighter (just like Kaleb) on my hands. He pulled through. Although, we still struggle and we are still learning new things about SBS, I made a promise to God on that dreadful transfer to another hospital 80 miles away. I remember praying the whole time, holding my broken, sleeping, and swollen precious baby, that if he just let Landon survive, give Landon a chance to be the child he was meant to be, and live the life he was destined to live, I would be a voice for all other children, I would devote everything within me to help other children.

My son is proof that prayers do get answered, and that miracles really do happen. :::::Keep praying for Kaleb:::::::

It's time we take a stand, work together as ONE to change the current child abuse laws.

Landon's abuser, his "father" was sentenced to 5 years. He was released last August and still has his parental rights. I am fighting to have this overturned, but the question is, WHY am I even having to fight for this? Why hasn't the judicial system stepped up and realized, that this man DOES NOT deserve to be a father.....EVER!?!?
pen
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 9:45 AM
My name is penny i have to children that are my world. I was abused as a child. sexual physical and mentally. I fell through the cracks. as i see the news and watch theses judges release these monster out. and see i the monster that dont get caught i fear for all children. i too want to fight and work agianst the crimes of our children. it hurts my heart. I have been wanting to help and protect our child but dont know were to start until i saw this group god bless you. and thank you
nikki7376
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:45 AM
Hi my name is nikki i have four great kids ,a loving husband and a pesty dog.My life is great and i realize how lucky i truly am.I have to say my life was forever changed the day i read about Baby Kaleb ,of course i knew about horrible things that happened to children and i would always say a special prayer for them but i now realize thats not enough ,i NEED to help make a change for the ones who can not protect themselves,they trust in us for that.The system is so flawed when it comes to justice for crimes against the young  it sickens me to think that these monsters are allowed to walk free with a slap on the wrist ,a crime against someone who cant protect themselve someone so innocent ,should be givin the max. punishment these monster should never walk free ever again and i cant belive they do and they harm others multiple times before something real is done .Well sorry for taking up to much time ,i just feel so saddened by all this craziness i read now, and baby Kaleb ,he will forever be in my heart ,his story made me open my eyes and mouth to all this and i will continue to do anything in my power to make a change Thank you all so much ,i stand by all of you willing to fight
desertmom3
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Hello...I am a Mom of three and live in New Mexico. I am also a survivor of abuse. I was sexually, mentally and physically abused as a child, and have always had issues with this. I was a foster child...who was abused in the system, and no one listened. As well as, my siblings and I being abused by my step-father...which the system let us move back with BM...years later. To this day, I have no idea why that happened. We were able to get my youngest sibling out ( he is missing and was on drugs , to this day...we have no idea where he is...he disappeared at age 21.) , and my sister and I were not able too get anyone to listen to us. I moved away at fifteen, she stayed...our close relationship as children...as never been the same, since. The courts would not listen...with me being the oldest...the state basically stated it was not true...that I was being a rebellous teenager and causing the problem. To this day, my step-father, and my foster- father have never paid for the abuse.   My mother stood by my step-father...our relationship never was the same, she died...from cancer years later, and I was not at her deathbed. My foster-father being a minister...moved me to a different home...where there was more abuse. It is something I have dealt with all my life...and struggle to conquer.

I have been extremely effected by my past. I watch over my kids constantly. And I have and continue to teach them to be careful whether the person is family or not...and to always feel comfortable to tell me if anyone does anything to them that is abusive, or seems not right. Thanks to this group, maybe the world can finally start seeing that more needs to be done to protect our children. I don't like that our society turns a blind eye to this. We do need to start fighting for them. Even though there has been some positive changes in society...we still need more. Thanks for adding this group. I don't know where to start...but I am willing to help. Hugs from NM!
Sincerely,
Thelma Webb 
nikki7376
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Quoting desertmom3:

Hello...I am a Mom of three and live in New Mexico. I am also a survivor of abuse. I was sexually, mentally and physically abused as a child, and have always had issues with this. I was a foster child...who was abused in the system, and no one listened. As well as, my siblings and I being abused by my step-father...which the system let us move back with BM...years later. To this day, I have no idea why that happened. We were able to get my youngest sibling out ( he is missing and was on drugs , to this day...we have no idea where he is...he disappeared at age 21.) , and my sister and I were not able too get anyone to listen to us. I moved away at fifteen, she stayed...our close relationship as children...as never been the same, since. The courts would not listen...with me being the oldest...the state basically stated it was not true...that I was being a rebellous teenager and causing the problem. To this day, my step-father, and my foster- father have never paid for the abuse.   My mother stood by my step-father...our relationship never was the same, she died...from cancer years later, and I was not at her deathbed. My foster-father being a minister...moved me to a different home...where there was more abuse. It is something I have dealt with all my life...and struggle to conquer.

I have been extremely effected by my past. I watch over my kids constantly. And I have and continue to teach them to be careful whether the person is family or not...and to always feel comfortable to tell me if anyone does anything to them that is abusive, or seems not right. Thanks to this group, maybe the world can finally start seeing that more needs to be done to protect our children. I don't like that our society turns a blind eye to this. We do need to start fighting for them. Even though there has been some positive changes in society...we still need more. Thanks for adding this group. I don't know where to start...but I am willing to help. Hugs from NM!
Sincerely,
Thelma Webb 
Hey ,my name is Nikki and i just want to say i'm sorry for the abuse you had to endure ,but thanks for being so strong and helping to make a change we all need to support eachother in this group.Maybe you can offer some ideas on what you might like to change,there is a post in here for that and any input will really help.I myself feel lost as how to get things going but i know with alot of research,support from others and prayers to God it will all come together.God bless you
desertmom3
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2007 at 9:10 PM
Thank you for your reply and compassion. I have been seriously thinking about that...today. A lot of changes that need to be made...was listed on that particular post you mentioned. I feel that due to the fact I was not heard...that other kids are not listened to or taken seriously. The assumption that Adults always tell the truth...and that kids don't...back than was a big issue. Even though society  has improved on some issues dealing with children being abused and listened too.  I feel that in the case of the babies, and children that can't speak...there is serious changes that need to be made.

Why is our government allowing the parent who kills a child, see their child? If sex offenders have been charged and found guilty...why are we still allowing them to see and be around their children? That needs to be changed...personally I feel that it should not be happening! The way of government putting a stamp or statement saying they have changed , they have been rehabilitated, or served their time...to me is not enough! They did harm to innocent victims...and should not be allowed around any children. We have more predators after our children...instead of less...what is that saying to the community? Our laws are not working! Now, we have the internet, where the predators are bolder, and braver. NOT only do we have to worry about strangers , we have to worry about being in our home , being a victim  through the internet and by our own blood, or seeing our family become victims. Our laws play a fine line...and it seems the offenders have the upper hand.   

Question is...how do we get enough people and the government to help make sure that this is done? That is where I am stumped? 

1)We need tougher punishmentment for these predators! (Serving time, is not working...when is the government going to see that?)
2)Social Services needs to be accountable for abuse in their own system(specially if they are not listening to the kids), we need a better system!
3) Abuse is not only happening at home, from strangers, but in our schools, as well.
4) Sex Offenders ...should not be around children...period! (Kids are taken away from parents, parents who abuse them or have a history of some type of abuse towards kids. We try to stay firm and enforce that. Why are we not enforcing that  Predators that do harm to an innocent child, that they should not be allowed to be around their children!) Making the assumption that it was not their own child, does not mean it won't be in the future.
5) Parents who are abusing their kids to the point of death and serious life injuries ...what right do they have to be around their children? It is common sense...that if you harm someone...you have no right to be around him/her! They put their own flesh and blood in the position of dying or nearly dying! Only a cold sick person would do that to a child..family or not. 

They do not deserve rights!The kids do...the families who are protecting them...deserve rights!  My opinion...we start on the predator and inmates rights...they should have none when it comes to children, abusing women or another person, period. The public is left standing while the offenders...have dozen of rights. It is not fair, and needs to be changed. My husband and I were correctional officers..and we saw first hand...that the inmates have more rights, than the public. I am very angry that after all these years, that we still have not found a solution that works to stop these sick people. 

AS far as babysitters...I am starting to think that they should be registered(fingerprinted, background check,etc.)  to be a babysitter...there has been sooo many incedents with hiring babysitters who abuse our children. This is why, I don't like to leave my children with anyone other than family I trust, and me. I rarely let anyone watch my youngest...unless it is my husband's family. Even than I worry, at times. Because, the worry of who you think they are, might not be who they are! That is the end of my rant! At the moment! God Bless!  
angelsrule
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 9:19 PM
Hi my name is Sheila and i have 2 grown kids and 2 granddaughters ,and i will do what ever i can to keep them safe ,things need to change ,i donot understand how a father can harm their child and still be allowed to see them ,we all need to stick together and fight for their rights ,i was never abused as a child but was as were my children by my ex ,so count me in whatever needs to be done Angel Blessings and LOL Sheila
Towangel
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Hello, I'm Tammy Perry growing up as some of you, I was also a victim of physical,mental and sexual abuse growing up.  I tried to bury the pain and humilation, my own mother knew about it and wouldnt help me.  My dad told me if I ran away, he would find me and Kill me.  But when I turned 14yrs old, I had a history teacher who I adored, she believed in me and pushed me to my fullest potential.  So, I trusted her with my darkest secret, do you know what she told me?  Please don't tell anyone you told me about this, you will be 18 soon and with your grades you will be able to qualify for grants and scholarships, you will be free then. Please don't talk to me about this again, and walked away.  She is now a principal of an elementary school in the next town to us.  Our superintendent of schools throws, sex parties, where parties are traded and they have orgies.  And everyone from our Mayor, to school board, DSS workers,
doctors,lawyers, sheriffs office, you name them, they have been to one of these notorious parties.  So, you tell me, in a town this corrupt, where criminals run the town, where do we begin?  I'm willing to do whatever it takes to protect my dd, she was molested by a child molestor out on bail, he should have never made bail to start with.  He was a child molestor from California.  Thanks for listening....Tammy Perry

aaagarcia
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 8:28 PM
hi, my name is amber.  i have one child a daughter and she is almost 10 months old.  im a dispatcher for two sheriffs dept. and one police dept.  ive never been abused or witnessed anyone being abused so i will never pretend to know the pain or hurt caused by it.  however, i have absolutely no patience for people who do abuse and believe they should be punished to the full extent of the law.  i know this is not happening because i see it first hand, but, with some work and prayer we can change that!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)