Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok....u know part of the story..here I go again!!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:19 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 211 Total Views
Hubby's mom is driving me fucking nuts. The other day (Friday) he got home from deployment, and that moring @ 4:00 AM my phone rings and I jumped out of bed ran to the phone tripped over the phone cord to my cell phone charger and busted my head on the dresser. So, I grab the phone anyways thinking it is going to be someone or hubby telling me to get my ass movin' because he was to be picked up soon...OOOHHHH NNNOOO...it was her. The first thing she says, drunk as hell mind you is, "I miss MY man!!" And I was like Jackie? And she says yes, so my first thought is my God...she called to tell me @ 4 am that she misses her fucked up retarted ass husband who is in prison....ooooohhhh nnnooo, she is talking about my HUBBY!! I was like WTF!! Needless to say I was looking at the phone like is this even real and I was thinking, WHY...would you EVER call @ 4 in the morning let alone if you know that my husband is coming home that day and I have to get up in 3 hours to put your granddaughter on the bus for school. TAKE YOUR DRUNK ASS TO BED!! So I got off the phone w/ her w/o really saying much, but the more I got to thinking about it the more enraged I became, needless to say I was up for the day. So ever hour on the hour I called her back to give her "updates", which were actually things I had already known about his flight and such...but hadn't told her, I was thinking if I am not going to get any sleep then you aren't either!! So, her oldest daughter had wanted me to take 2 of her four kids so she could go to rehab....long story short I ended up NOT doing it....I knew she wasn't going. And low and behold the drunk didn't disappoint me, she gave 3 of the 4 to her ex, who just got out of jail for smashing her face w/ an ashtray, and gave the other one to her mom. Who is the lady who called me drunk....so I am thinking ok...give your child to another drunk so you can go to rehab????
So then she calls me tonight and tells me that her daughter moved back in w/ psycho ex, and that they are living w/ his now g/f and having threesomes. I DON"T FREAKING CARE!!!! The only thing I care about is that the children are all subjected to this, and why would she even call and tell me shit like that in front of her daughters child?? He was sitting right there, I talked to him on the phone, she was also AGAIN drunk!!  She constantly calls and says, "Can I talk to my BABY?" Hello he is 25???!!! It is just infuriating the hell out of me, she is so immature and I literally can't deal w/ it. If he was he youngest child, it really wouldn't bother me, but he is so the middle child??!! So I say to her, "yeah hold on, I'll get MY baby......Baby the phone is for you!"  I am just wondering if I am being too big of a bitch? HANG ON IF YOU THINK SO......IT JUST GETS BETTER FROM HERE!!! She is constanlty calling trying to get money and get me to send her stuff, or money, or make me feel guilty because we can't....hello he is in the miltary...he's NOT a fucking millionaire!! He gets leave at the end of June, we need to buy a new vehicle before we can go to see anyone. Also BOTH of our children start summer school on the 5th of July, so to me this isn't even really an option / the money and school thing. this is to be discussed between me and my husband. NOT IN HER EYES!! So at the end of the conversation tonight, she says "Stevie told me that you are trying not to let him come back and see me!" First of all, that is SOOO not what he said, he simply explained the conflicts that have arrisen and IF someway we can figure it out we will. I was sitting right there when he said it. Second of all, we are NOT going back just to see her!! I have an entire family there and why wouldn't we go to see my family too?? Is there something wrong w/ me or....am I the sane one? I have always been supportive to her and never down right rude to her, before we moved here she was living w/ me and didn't pay rent and i even had to pay her to babysit our kids while I worked.....the kicker...I had to pay her w/ liquor, cash or cigarrettes!! But she was not allowed to drink at my house, that was the only rule she had....she even broke that a couple of times!! Should I say something to hubby about how she is literally making me crazy.....or just try to take a chill pill? Hubby would take my side..that is not the issue, I just don't want to start problems, but once again this drama is spilling into our lives and we moved liek 1,000 miles AWAY!!! I don't know what to do, what to say, need advice HHHEEELLLLPPP!!!
Sorry it was so long!!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
USMCWife2005
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:06 AM
I love you Carrie, purple is a soothing color, see purple, look at the purple Carrie and take a deep breath...in through the nose, and out through the mouth, thats a good girl.....
lizartandben
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:20 AM
personally i would let her call drunk and walk away from the phone while she was ranting and raving and just yell uh huh everyonce in a while in the phone and walk away again.  if she gets pissy about it tell her you spaced out cause she was boring you to death.  i'm a bitch like that though. 

i'm sorry your mother in law is doing this though!!! it really is horrid.  i wish there was something i could do to help!!! maybe you could beat her at her own game....on nights she doesn't call pick up the phone and call her and start crying and screaming at her about this that and the other thing.  then when she says something to you about it be like well it's do unto others as you would have them to do unto you.  since you were doing it to me i thought i had a right to do it back!!!
crystalj27
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:36 AM

WOW!!!!! I Would def tell you hubby, so maybe he can say something to her about it, especially if its causing family problems. I can kind of relate to this because my inlaws are so freaking screwed up. I live 12 hrs away from them and some how some way im always getn phone calls from all of them saying how much they hate the other one, or what the other one did, im like give me a fucking break, i moved here for a reason!!!!! So what i started doing is turning my phone off, i know thats not the smartest thing to do but thats what i did, then they would call my cell phone so i put it on vibrate, and if it was someone that i wanted to talk to and it was important, they will leave a damn message.  Yes i would def try to tell him or its probly gonna get worse that what it is, but theres no reason why you should have to put up with that shit especially 4 in the morning. AND ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE OF THINGS, YOU CRACK ME THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)