Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group and site!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 273 Total Views
 Hi everyone! My name is Amy and I live in Louisville KY with my boyfriend Derek, my son Jackson and my sister Jessica.  Derek just enlisted this year in January and after going to Ft.Jackson for basic and Ft.Lee for AIT he's finally home! Well, he's been home since June 8 but you know.....anyway, I'm not really new to the military life as my step dad was in the Army and we lived in Germany for a couple of years when I was kid. But man things have either changed a whole lot or I just don't remember squat! LOL! I realize security is much tighter due to the war and so on, but WOW! Anyway, I have a problem and I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me. I am currently still married to my ex (we've been seperated for almost three years) and I desperatly want to get divorced so that Derek and I can get married. But my ex is in jail and I'm really short on cash because I just lost my job! Is there a cheap way to get divorced? No wait, a cheap and EASY way to get divorced? lol! I just want to be away from him permanatly ......also Derek is supposedly going to be deployed in April of next year and he really wants us to be married before then....HELP!!!! Thanks so much! 
This is the fam!
Amy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cavalrybaby02
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:11 PM
From what I remember from others saying, you can go to the courthouse and get the paperwork that you just fill it out.  You will have to have him served and make sure he signs it and it's notarized, after that you just submit the paperwork to the right person.  And depending on your state there is a mandatory waiting period before the divorce is final.  After that you are free to remarry.
Carrie_Jo
by Group Owner on Aug. 2, 2007 at 9:58 PM
From what I have heard it is free in some states for your ex to file if he is in jail. SO this may be an option, if he will file that is!!

It takes a strong woman to love a soldier!!

hooahmomma723
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 10:20 PM
I actually got some really good news the other day...I called my local Legal Aid Society office and they are going to hopefully file my divorce and all that for free! YAY! I am extra extra excited! Keep your fingers crossed!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)