Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stay connected during deployment

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

Hi. My name is HIllel. I have three children ages 8, 6, and 3. I'm not a mom, and i'm not a Carl Vinson wife, but I hope it's ok to join your group anyway.

I understand that the Carl Vinson is deploying in January. And I know this means separations between deployed parents and children back home.

My company just launched a new service called A Story Before Bed (www.astorybeforebed.com).

It lets parents record bedtime stories through a webcam so their kids can watch it over and over again even if they can't make it for bedtime.

We'd like to offer this service completely free to parents deploying with the Carl Vinson.

I apologize in advance if this is something that folks aren't interested in. We attended a child deployment fair a couple of weeks ago at Fort Lewis in Washington state where we had the kids read to the parents who were already deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan and it was a big hit. We think it might be popular among families on the Carl Vison as well.

If anyone is interested in trying it for free, or even better, helping us find a way to make it available to all the families of those deploying, please drop us  a line.

You can e-mail me at: sleepy (at) astorybeforebed (dot) com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time.

--hillel

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)