Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaving for a deployment

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 383 Total Views
On sunday I leave for training before I go on my deployment. I have been home with my son since he was born except for drill weekends. He's 9 months old but leaving now means I wont be back until he is almost 2 years old. I'll miss his first words, his first steps, learning to feed himself, and just about everything else he'll do during this time. I'm going to miss his first bithday too. It's for a good reason that I'm going but I'm going miss DJ so much. I don't know how I'm going to get through it.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TinkerbellesMom
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 5:11 PM
Hey, good luck on your mission, I understand how you feel because I will miss my daughter when I leave for basic training when my husband gets on post.  I am not an official military mom yet, but my husband and I are both planning on joining the ARMY as soon as he gets out of college.  He will go to basic and skills training first, then i will have my turn once he gets on post.  The army is crawling down my throat trying to get me to sign first, but my husband is dead set on going before me, so we have to really get him studying for the ASVAB because he's not a good test taker. It's nice meeting another mom who has the same frame of mind as I do.
4timemommie
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:23 AM

I know how you feel.  I'm in the Navy and being on the ship, you leave just for dumb stuff and miss out on your kids doing things.  I wish you the best on your deployment and hopefully your husband will send you many pictures

MamaG82
by on Jun. 16, 2007 at 1:49 PM
I understand how you feel (well, not exactly but kind of). My biggest fear is having to leave my kids. I know it will be hard to not see your kids but you could try web camming or something to that effect to see them every day. I'm kinda debating staying in for the same reason...deployments. In your situation right now, you really don't have a choice but to go and I suggest you pray and hope time flies so that you can come back to your family safe and sound.
LUVmy2Monkeys
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM
i know what you mean... i don't think i can leave my kids either. my girl is 16 months, and my boy is 2 weeks.... i'm a reservist, and i have 3 years left, my hubby is a lifer (we're in the marines)

thankfully i'm in a female restricted unit so i wont have to deploy (they took me because i'm obligoer and they are the only reserve unit) ...well, hopefully not have to... i still have 11 months until the next AT and i'm already dreading having to leave my kids for the 2 weeks. my husband comes and goes all of the time, we've seen him for 9 weeks this year, and he hasn't even met his son yet... he's bummed because he doesn't get to be home and see what is happening with the kids...

he asks me if i'm going to stay in... i love being a marine, i love the training and everything that comes with it.... but i just dont want to have to leave my kids! my contract is up 2 weeks before his... hopefully we'll stay on this base until then so i wont have to go anywhere!!
irishnavylady
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 3:08 PM
I am new but I wanted to add my 2 cents for what they may be worth.  I know how you feel.  I am in the Navy and had to leave my Daughter for a deployment....I had to trust that my husband could raise her.....he is a great dad don't get me wrong but you mom's know how it is.....it is hard to trust someone else to raise your babies.  He did great.  Granted when I left for the long one she was 2/3.  I missed a birthday and Christmas.  The Navy is now trying to send me to Iraq.  I don't want to go and leave both my kids but if I have to I will of course go. 

Good luck

Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)