• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone :) New here

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 233 Total Views

We adopted a pure bred Golden Retriever almost a month ago.  We just got him neutered.  The poor cone head :(  We named him Jake after a country song about a dog.  Hes beautiful, 11 months  and dug under my fence maybe day 1 LOL oh and ate my camera and a wii controller, day 2.  Ever since weve become smarter and hes getting the hang of it :)

Question:  When we eat he wants to stand and just stare at us.  Drive me crazy!  I want to be able to leave him in the room with us.  We have an open floor plan.  I just dont want him standing at the table staring.  Any ideas. When we were younger my mom would just clear her throat and the dog knew to go to the edge of the kitchen floor/living room.  If she stepped over with one paw my mom would clear her throat again and the dog would remove its paw from the kitchen.  So funny, but thats what I need LOL

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kayleesmom1565
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:32 AM

We have a dining room that joins the living room so I put our puppy's bed between the two rooms, so no matter which room were in she is near us. She knows that when it is dinner time,  I tell her "Bed" and she goes and lays down, I did notice that after a while she started to lay next to the bed it was close so I didn't object...then it was by the couch a little farther away...didn't object ...then pretty soon if I said Bed she would go wherever she pleased...oops!!  So I had to retrain her all over again...LOL Bed now means on the bed no exceptions!!  She just goes to sleep at dinner time now.  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)