Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like Caesar Milan?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 483 Total Views

Hopefully I spelled his name right, but what do think of his show and technique?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Acid
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I think he is an idiot.

If he hadn't trained Oprahs out of control puppy mill dog's he'd still be just another trainer.

braysmomma30104
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Yep I have to agree with the previous poster.

NewLady77
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM

So you don't think his techniques work?

mawfia
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM
I don't know anything about him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

His "tehchniques" include pinning down dominant dogs, which I totally don't agree with.

He is no better then the average, scrapping by, trying to make a living trainer.

Quoting NewLady77:

NewLady77
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Quoting Acid:

His "tehchniques" include pinning down dominant dogs, which I totally don't agree with.

He is no better then the average, scrapping by, trying to make a living trainer.

Quoting NewLady77:

What do you do?

Acid
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I don't demean my dog.

I use postive reinforcement.  Lots of praise, happy voices and short training sessions finished with play time and sometimes a treat.

He does what he is asked to do because he wants to please me.  It's basic dog training.

Quoting NewLady77:

Quoting Acid:

Quoting NewLady77:

What do you do?

3totsinabox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM
I like him a lot better then that chick on 'its me or the dog'. She seems to be afraid of aggressive dogs and doesn't seem relaxed. caesar at least shows no fear and relaxes. The key for me, is take what I learn from each of them, books, and the trainers I have, and even a little from here. If there is something that really really isn't working, I'll move to a different approach. Walking and coming are next biggest ones to tackel. He does them, just not the way I want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4evamami
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I really like him, hubby and I watch his show

laniramommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I am not going to get into any discussions.
But I DO believe in his methods. and I do like him a lot.
I work with kids, and positive parenting is totall crap too!
Kids like dogs also need clear rules, strictness, a leader.
They need love, affection and compliments as well!
But NOT only that. because that would create a very messed up spoiled child that wont be able to function normally in society at all.
same goes for dogs.
it needs to be a good mixture of love and affection combined with strictness, rules and punishment when needed. (and no I dont believe in hitting dogs!!!! but neither does cesar!)
If you truely know what cesar is about and have read his books , you would know he is about much more than what is said here above me by some people.

Thats all  want to say. no need to reply :P because I dont feel any need to discuss it further. I do believe in his methods, and I do find him a great trainer. thats my opinion and it works fine for us. if someone else uses different methods that  perfectly fine with me as well (and with cesar. unlike many other trainers, he has never said a bad word about other trainers and their methods! )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)