Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there any hope?

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 301 Total Views
For saving my door frame lol my shi tzu gets over excited when I get home and scratches on my front door well the wall conected. Is there anything I can do to stop this cause I'm not inside while he is doing it. I took a picture but I'm mobile so I can't post
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

It is sort of a self rewarding behavior if you are out and he is in. The only way to stop it would be to crate him, or have someone inside to help train him to not do that. If your have an SO or even an older kid again a trainer could help with this.

MyDragonFlies11
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I am going to look into a trainer .. he is actually my harder one to train he is sweet and goofy and doesnt really train easy.  well for me anyway it was much different with my other dog he  is just so smart and is a people pleaser

Quoting NancSBRN:

It is sort of a self rewarding behavior if you are out and he is in. The only way to stop it would be to crate him, or have someone inside to help train him to not do that. If your have an SO or even an older kid again a trainer could help with this.

MyDragonFlies11
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM

i dont think i could crate him it would give him too much anxiety he had to spend a short stay in a crate and it effected him physically thats how much it stressed him out .. 

ChelseaatNutro
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Double sided sticky tape, works great for cats! ;]

I think having a trainer come over to your house for a private lesson would be great help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)