Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little dog rant

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

Loving these people who say "O its a little dog, what can he hurt" (in reference to being aggressive). Here's what can happen you ignorant pr*ck. Your dog charges at me (with stroller and dog). My dog thinks your going at the stroller which contains a very small member of our pack. She naturally steps in. Not returning the aggression, just being ready. This is what dogs do and no I will not train that out of her. Your little dog bites and mine does ANYTHING (it doesn't matter what since she's a big girl). The law is called and I get to deal with the consequences of YOUR little dogs problem. Now my super sweet big dog needs to wear a muzzle in public at all times,  have an insurance policy that's better than some homes and must be leashed at all times and scares the kids at the park. These kids loved her and played with them every time we go. People are afraid of her when we go for walks and she is a complete outcast from everything outside her home that she used to love. OR the law decides that she needs to be put down.  YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH GOT MY DOG KILLED.  You will have taken a member of my house who is, in a lot of ways,  like one of my kids.  THAT'S what you effing little HARMLESS dog can do. Because you are the idiot that can't control it or realize every dog needs to be subject to the same rules. This is only hypothetical but omg it pisses me off soooooo bad when we come in contact with some little dog and the owner gives me that line *rant over*

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tea4Tas
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Drop kick the little rat-dog if it gets too close.  I would.

ChelseaatNutro
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:47 AM
2 moms liked this

As an owner of a small dog I made sure to take the time when my miniature Dachshund was a puppy to socialize her to big dogs and big puppies. I did not want her to elicit behaviors that were considered by other dogs to be socially unacceptable i.e. screaming, barking, lunging, etc. She did really well with her socialization as she grew up with big dogs and to this day, she loves them! Wiggle wiggle wiggle is her reaction on the way to greet a big dog, and she'll freeze as they sniff her, and when they stop she shakes off the stress and then they jump and play.

Because I know that this is so important, I start out my week one class of Puppy Kindergarten talking to pet parents about this. I warn them that when we do see a small puppy reacting by screaming that this is a red flag. This behavior needs to be resolved immediately. This helps with classically conditioning and not forcing the little puppy to greet the big dogs. Rather we let the shy little puppy hang out with the big shy puppy first. They buddy up, and the little puppy slowly develops more confidence to meet and greet with the big's with their new big friend by their side! Of course I am also instructing owners with big puppies to help teach their puppies to handicap themselves during play sessions with little dogs by laying down so they do not pancake the little's :] It works great, and by week two I see less and less of the stereotypical small dog syndrome behaviors.

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I have seen a couple TV court cases where the judges did not take the little dogs side. Especially if the small dog was off leash or had been shown to be agressive before. Iwhsh Local officals could see it the same. When a small dog come charging up to a big dog.  and the big dog doesn't kill it that is showing restraint. 

Every dog needs training I wish all owners would get that.

rowansmum
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM
First time we met the little f*cker I almost did. I got between them and almost growled at him. Thought he'd pee himself lol. The outcome would be better if he bit me vs the shepherd pinning him (which is all she does). Also then he'd be the one getting the label and consequences

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Drop kick the little rat-dog if it gets too close.  I would.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)