Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone stole my dog today

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 256 Total Views
I woke up really late so I put my shoes on, used the bathroom, and took the dogs out right away. Unfortunately, that still wasn't fast enough because Tony had an accident next to the door before I could open it for him. I let both of them out in the partially fenced backyard and stepped back inside to clean up the mess and in the couple of minutes it took me to do that, Dixie disappeared. I called her and whistled and was quite surprised when Tony answered but she did not (she's more obedient than he is). I started to walk around to the front of the house and my neighbor brought her to me. He said that she was down the street walking in heel to some strange guy but he recognized her and grabbed her real quick before they got too far.

I knew that she wouldn't take off on me but I hadn't considered that she obeys when called even if a stranger's doing the calling.  And we were practicing her heel and come/sit yesterday so it's possible that someone saw us practicing and knew that she does it on command.  I'm still a bit shaken up by it.  I never thought of someone actually stealing my dog.

angel miniLydiabig smile mini

Tony                             Miss Dixie

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
marshsmom
by Group Owner on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM

If your yard is partially fenced is it possible she wandered and started following someone rather than being stolen? Glad she is home and safe!

llsnuggles
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM

It is possible because dogs are not always predictable but it would be really out of character for her.  When I leave her out with my in laws, they say that she'll sit by the door the whole time I'm gone waiting for me to come back.  In fact, when I told them that she was out of the yard, they both expressed surprise that it was Dixie who left and agreed that they would have thought it would be Tony who wasn't in the yard since Dixie usually shows no interest in things that are outside of the yard.  (She's a bit odd)

Quoting marshsmom:

If your yard is partially fenced is it possible she wandered and started following someone rather than being stolen? Glad she is home and safe!

angel miniLydiabig smile mini

Tony                             Miss Dixie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)