Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone seen, heard of, or tried this?

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Replies (11-12):
miller060905
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I have a bloodhound as well and to be honest, I tried everything in the book, then finally broke down and bought one of those prong collars. It took me a month after buying it before I put it on him, but when I did it made a HUGE difference. He can still be a handful on walks if he REALLY wants to check something out, but at least I don't nearly lose my arm every time now!

Quoting marshsmom:

What is the wonder walker?  I'll have to google.  My bloodhound is C_R_A_Z_Y on leash and she has the strength of a bull, lol.

Quoting ChelseaatNutro:

I have tried this leash wrapping technique to reduce pulling, but I still prefer a halti headcollar or a wonder walker harness over this. I feel that it does not work as well as other methods.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I like training my dogs to not pull from the get go with the start stop method if you pull I stop if the leash is slack we proceed. Now if you get a dog that already pulls you have to evaluate the right method I do not like halters, I have not tried the harnesses either but again I would work first in my yard and home and get the dogs attention on me. To many people never learn to get their dogs attention if you have the attention you have control with a HEY I can have my dogs full attenton on me. Control the mind and you control the body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN