Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have found this way to be a lot cheaper...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 277 Total Views

As our family has grown and moved out theres now 3 of us compared to 5.

Were not big eaters so this makes it a lot easier. I have worked it out to where i make 2 to 3 big meals a week and have for left overs...then the other nights its soup and one night is sandwiches and and if we go out on the weekend..then i make only 2 big meals and i have saved us quite a but of money this way...a lot of money. we go to the meat market to get our meat which is a lot cheaper and we only buy things that we need at the store..if we have extra money left over we always stock up on toilet paper, laundry soap, body soap, drinks..and snacks.

And I also plan my meals out as well as i have planned a menu for the month. Its nice for the first time doing this as now I know what im cooking and how much dinner may cost.

This may not work for everyone but its working ou for me. I take my extra food money and use it for going out on the weekends..movie or a burger. this is great i wish i could have done this a long time ago.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JTriches
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Soungd Great.  I would pair this up with whats on sale this week

BUY AMERICAN   Nana Julie in Cali

DannaBear2117
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I do something close to this. I make the meals for two weeks and we actually have the same meal on the same night of every week but for saturday and sunday. It helps with my son being autistic so he knows what is coming for dinner and I know exactly what I am buying and needing. We have leftovers on Tuesday and Thursdays which happen to be busy days ( dance class, speech, ot and library days) and we have slow cooker meal, chicken and dumplings winter, on wednesday my volunteer day. Saturday is grill night. We grill dinner. we change the meal but grill. then Sunday is a huge big family meal with everything like pot roast, pork loin, lasagana, things like that with all the trimmings so to speak. and it is great because leftovers are great for those and so easy going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)