Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michael...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

I was shocked when I heard about the passing of Michael. I am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of such a gifted performer.  He was an icon in the 80's and I will always remember the joy his music brought to my life.  Rest in peace, "King of Pop", you will always live in the hearts of your fans...forever.

by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aj07
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I totally agree.  I was just a huge shock and so sad.  He was a tremendously talented man.  He was amazing.  Depsite all of the controversy surrounding him he was still one of the worlds greatest entertainers.  He was a legend and and Icon.  He did so much for pop culture.  He will always be remembered.  It is just a huge loss for the world and music industry.  He will be missed!!

Anna9563
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 2:18 PM

From Anna,

Hi Disneymom, My cousin called me to say he had died.  I couldn't believe it and still can't today.

Your friend,

singing

Anna

Earth-Angel
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 3:55 AM

I agree!

AandJmom
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 6:22 AM

HELLO, YES I DO AGREE I AM SO SADDENED BY MICHAELS PASSING.  I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE IT HE WAS SO FULL OF LIFE AND ENERGETIC I GUESS I TOOK THAT FOR GRANTED AND JUST ASSUMED THAT HE WOULD ALWAYS BE HERE MAKING GREAT MUSIC.  I WILL LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON FOREVER HIS MUSIC WILL LIVE ON INSIDE MY HEART.  I WILL CARRY THE MEMORIES OF THE JOY OF HIS MUSIC IN MY CHILDHOOD FOREVER.  HE IS ADORED BY SO MANY FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD,  HE GRACED OUR LIVES BY HIS GIFT OF MUSIC AND DANCE AND BEING A CARING PERSON.  I WILL FOREVER  LOVE THE KING OF POP... REST IN PEACE MICHAEL  YOUR FAMILY ESPECIALLY YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR CHILDREN ARE IN MY PRAYERS...

sillyone
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM

When my son was 12yrs. old he wanted to learn how to dance, so I turned on Micheal Jackson. Jake added his own technique but he turned out to be a great dancer and he said its becuase "Micheal taught him." He is Now 16 and still dances the kids at dances actually stop to watch him. When I told my son That Micheal Jackson died "he was like wow mom," and then walked out of the room. It didn't just hit me hard but my 16 yr. old. After about 2 hrs. Jake came back into the room and said Noah (my 5 yr. old) u need to love MJ as much as I do. So he turned on his records and for 4 hrs it was all about MJ. The reason why I am telling u all about this story, is because MJ touched so many lives and he will keep touching them even in his death.

RIP Micheal Jackson!!!

smil47c8902016474.gif moonwalk image by SAmissile

youngpoet1972
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM

That is a beautiful story. MJ's death hasn't hit me yet. I guess it just seems so unreal but WOW! could he dance. Great voice too. This just seems like a strange dream. I guess that's why it hasn't hit me quite yet.

tsbeshears
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Quoting sillyone:

When my son was 12yrs. old he wanted to learn how to dance, so I turned on Micheal Jackson. Jake added his own technique but he turned out to be a great dancer and he said its becuase "Micheal taught him." He is Now 16 and still dances the kids at dances actually stop to watch him. When I told my son That Micheal Jackson died "he was like wow mom," and then walked out of the room. It didn't just hit me hard but my 16 yr. old. After about 2 hrs. Jake came back into the room and said Noah (my 5 yr. old) u need to love MJ as much as I do. So he turned on his records and for 4 hrs it was all about MJ. The reason why I am telling u all about this story, is because MJ touched so many lives and he will keep touching them even in his death.

RIP Micheal Jackson!!!

What a wonderful tribute your son has paid to Michael by passing on MJ's music to his brother.  After all is said and done, he will be remembered for his music and dancing. 

applepie59
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I know I can't believe it either. I feel like I'm in a bad dream, and can't wake up.It feels like part of my heart is gone.He was a great performer, there will never be any one like him.He's cryingentertaining God now, I feel if any one should make it to heaven it should be him.

applepie59

Barbiewithabeef
by on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I cried my eyes out when they sang 'Heal the World' at the end of the service!!  My husband thought I was dying of a broken heart, that's how much and how strong my sobbing is for Michael Jackson and his music.  Yes, he is 'Gone too soon'!!

When I first heard it on the 4 pm news here in Baltimore that he was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest, I looked up and a big chill just overcame me like I knew he wasn't going to make it.  And sure enough, 5 minutes later they announced that he died!!  I started screaming, 'No, no, no, not the King of Pop, no, no, no!! Please not him God!!  I couldn't stop the tears flowing then.  My dh was not home at the time so when he got in he saw the look on my face and asked me what was wrong.  He was on the bus and had not heard about Michael Jackson yet so I had to tell him thru my tears that he died after I told him about Farrah Fawcett dying the same day.  My dh was in shock too and utter disbelief was on his face until I turned on the news and he saw it for himself.  It was all so sad to here it on every channel we turned to, I started crying again.  My poor dh had to hold on to me until I finally could get control of my emotions.  Lord, I am near tears again just telling about it... 

geminiheartz
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 3:11 AM

i was shocked as well but now its more like why did he have to go? yes i know things were not solid in his life and this concert was to be a final curtain to his career and onto more family stuff...but why did he employ this dr. for this drug to be given knowing the bad side effects if there were no precautions taken prior to administration...so many ?'s, so little answers...only michael and god knows right now...we only hope m.j. wasnt suffering severely and he went w/o any pain...:(

ladybug~*BREN*~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)