Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talking

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

At what age did your baby start saying his very first word?  what was it?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rangerwife
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Both of mine said mama at 5 months.  Dada came shortly, but Scarlet's speech didn't really pick up until 2 and Philip is 18 months and not talking much yet.  But they say that those who walk early generally speak later and both of mine took their first steps at 9 months and took off by 10.

PS Photography-We work in Western WA and Southern CA
http://www.psphotography-video.com/

http://www.meetup.com/LosAngelesMamas

musication4u
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2009 at 2:00 AM

wow!   that's early for taking their first steps.   i guess both of my oldest are late bloomers. my son walked  at 15 months and my daughter at 12 months.     i'm still waiting for roman  (6 months) to say mama or dada!   my son said dada first at 6 months and my daughter said mama first around 7 months.   

1st-timemom2b
by Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM

My son has been babbling silly things & sounds for a while now (he's currently 7.5 months). For ex: It seems 'nay nay' is a way for him to express he wants me and to nurse.  However, this last Monday he actually yelled out "MA!" quite clearly, while reaching out for me when he was being held by someone because I had yelled out in pain.  Needless to say, that made the pain tolerable and oh so sweet!  LOL...  I teared up too of course.  It was sooo strange & so neat at the same time to hear his deliberate speech. I had to ask if they also just heard what I heard because I couldn't wrap my mind around what happend.   :)    Children are so beautiful & amazing to me!!!

musication4u
by Group Owner on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:19 AM

that is so cute!!!  i love kids,   i just wish they all could stay little and innocent !

1st-timemom2b
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Amen to that sister! lol...  :)   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)