Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shots

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 10:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

Its almost time again for those 4 month shots.. anyone dreading them as much as me? I hate seeing her cry :( For anyone whos already had thier 4 month well check how muchs are your LOS weighing?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

ProudChristian, Pro life, Marine Loving, ANTI CRY IT OUT, Baby Spoiling, Disney movie watching,Pit bull loving, Nicholas Sparks reading,DisposableDiapering, Anti co Sleeping, Vacinating,  Stay at home mommy and Marine Wifey.

by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LinzLou86
by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 2:33 PM
We go Aug 11 not looking forward to it. On the up side I can't wait to get an exact weight and height though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sophie4910
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:08 PM

We go on the 24th. I also love to see what she wieghs though!

LinzLou86
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Went Wed she was so upset after and the next day she had a bit of a fever, back to normal today well I hope. We are going to start cereal though. They go so fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissalynn83
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I'm dreading it...she goes in on the 25th. Last time, she had bad fever for two days and her reflux got worse :(

Sophie4910
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Quoting lissalynn83:

I'm dreading it...she goes in on the 25th. Last time, she had bad fever for two days and her reflux got worse :(

Oh im sorry momma. Hope it goes better for you this time. Sophie did great last time. Just cried a little after but I still hated it.

ProudChristian, Pro life, Marine Loving, ANTI CRY IT OUT, Baby Spoiling, Disney movie watching,Pit bull loving, Nicholas Sparks reading,DisposableDiapering, Anti co Sleeping, Vacinating,  Stay at home mommy and Marine Wifey.

JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Delaney doesn't get shots.
She weighed 12 lbs 14 oz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sophie4910
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

She weighed 12 lbs 14 oz

Just out of curosity why do you choose to not vacinate? Im not judging ive just never understood the reassons behind it I guess.

JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Two of my nephews almost died from them.  One started having hundreds of seizures a day and it left him with severe autism.  The other's intestines swelled and he could NOT eat anything for 3 years.  He survived on the minimum amount of pediasure to live.  It hurt him too much to eat.  He did not hit 20 lbs until he was 5.

My thyroid condition plus these reactions put my kids at about a 90% chance of a SEVERE reaction.

But honestly, once I did the research I don't know that I'd vaccinate even if it wasn't for all of this.  The rates of these diseases were declining before the vaccine was introduced.  There really isn't any proof that they actually work.  The MMR is a live virus so kids who get it are walking around and able to spread the disease.  Same with the nasal flu and H1N1.

We rely on a healthy diet, sanitation, and I always take my kids to the doctor if they start showing any symptoms of these diseases.  Early treatment is the key.

My BIL had whooping cough years ago but the doctor denied it because he had been vaccinated a few months before.  It was TERRIBLE!  He would fall down on the floor coughing so hard.  It lasted 2 months.

Hubby and I were NOT up to date on our vaccines and we did not get it.  I often wonder if he would have gotten better treatment if he hadn't been vaccinated.  Then they would have tested for it.  The sound of that cough is unmistakable.

But I don't think there is a right answer when it comes to vaccines honestly.  We all do what we think is best.

Oh, and my son reacted to the vitamin k shot.  His billiruben levels hit 27 before they started treating him.  Brain damage starts at 30!

DD has never had a single shot, vaccine, eye drops, etc.  None of it.

Quoting Sophie4910:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

She weighed 12 lbs 14 oz

Just out of curosity why do you choose to not vacinate? Im not judging ive just never understood the reassons behind it I guess.

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)