Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Solids?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 3:01 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 390 Total Views

My baby turned 4 months yesterday.  I know most moms wait until 6 months to start giving cereal and pureed food, but some start at 4 months.  Is anyone starting at 4 months?

by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie4910
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 7:20 AM

I started at four months. I started the cereal first and when she did good on that I started giving her a little baby food here and there just to get it her used to it. Not very much though. She gets a bottle mixed with cereal at night and I give her some baby food stage one once a day.

LinzLou86
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 5:46 PM
My little one turned 4 months on sat. We have tried cereal but she don't like it. I prob won't start baby food until she is closer to 6 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elffyefli
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 1:27 PM

My son is not 4 months yet and he has been on rice cereal for about 2 months and babyfood for a month. He was always hungry and constantly spitting up. He did better with formula thickened with rice cereal and also with the baby food than he did with plain formula or breast milk.

Sophie4910
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Quoting elffyefli:

My son is not 4 months yet and he has been on rice cereal for about 2 months and babyfood for a month. He was always hungry and constantly spitting up. He did better with formula thickened with rice cereal and also with the baby food than he did with plain formula or breast milk.

Sophie was the same way. She was always wanting a bottle. She did alot better when we put her on the baby food. But we waited until four months.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

ProudChristian, Pro life, Marine Loving, ANTI CRY IT OUT, Baby Spoiling, Disney movie watching,Pit bull loving, Nicholas Sparks reading,DisposableDiapering, Anti co Sleeping, Vacinating,  Stay at home mommy and Marine Wifey.

lissalynn83
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I'm going to start rice cereal soon, hopefully it will help her reflux, and maybe help her stay more full for longer during the night. Probably not starting first foods until 5-6 months.

Ally.
by Member on Aug. 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Going to try it this weekend. Hoping it will help my sons severe acid reflux.
heartsong413
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Quoting Ally.:

Going to try it this weekend. Hoping it will help my sons severe acid reflux.

my son was 4 months on the 13th of this month and we started giving him ceral with fruit at 3 months because he had a really bad ear infection and it hurt him to suck on a bottle. he had really bad reflux starting hwen he was a few wks old and we switched his formula to one with rice starch in it, and that helped TONS- but also he does so much better when we give him rice cereal from a spoon or also mixed with some fruit. i know my grandmother gave her kids cereal at 3 weeks and theyre all fine!

lissalynn83
by on Sep. 4, 2010 at 8:18 PM

In my prev. post I said we were waiting on giving solids...but that didn't happen. Started solids a week ago...she loves sweet potatoes! 

Sophie4910
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM
sophie loves baby applesauce and prunes :)

Quoting lissalynn83:

In my prev. post I said we were waiting on giving solids...but that didn't happen. Started solids a week ago...she loves sweet potatoes! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaElla
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Our pedi gave us the ok when she turned 4 mos to start rice cereal, but said she tells her patients to not start any other foods until 6 mos to avoid allergies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)