Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hearing heartbeat

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 11:20 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

I went in for my first OB appointment last Friday. Everything went well. With my dates, I was exactly 9 weeks the day of my appointment.  But they were able to hear the baby's heartbeat really well. So they said because of how well they were able to pick it up, they said I have to be around 12-13 weeks.  I was also measuring bigger than 9 weeks.  So now, I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow to get measurements of the baby to determine exactly how far I am, and to make sure that I am carring just one baby.

So, my question to you is, have they picked up your baby's heartbeat yet?  And if so, how many weeks were you?

by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MarigoldsMama
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I heard the heartbeat (with a handheld doppler) at my appointment on Friday. I was (around) 11 weeks, 3 days.    But, that being said, when I had my ultrasound at 7 weeks, I measured ahead almost a week. (In my case, I'm not moving my due date -- I just tend to have big babies.)

Good luck at your ultrasound! Keep us posted!

CafeMom Tickers
WifeNMommy07
by Member on Nov. 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM

When I went in for my first appointment I was just over 11 weeks, but they didn't hear a heartbeat at all. I was really worried about it cause we heard is sooner with my first two, but my dr said not to worry and when I went in a month later we heard it just fine. :) 

Manda Vay Mommy of 2.5
pregnancy week by week
Sorchasmom
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM

They picked this baby's heartbeat up at 8 and a half weeks. They knew they could try because I went in for an ultrasound 4 days prior and they could pick it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN