Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any vegan cakes

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

A friend asked me to make a vegan cake. I Never made one before and I will like to learn. Does anyone have a recipe and does the icing have to be vegan, too? 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
collegemama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM

If your friend is Vegan or using the cake for a vegan event then the frosting must be vegan too.

triny-girl
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Thank you very much!!!

michiganmom116
by on Jan. 16, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I know this is 2 months later, but I do have a recipe for a chocolate or pumpkin cake that requires no eggs or butter.  If you're interested, let me know.  They're very good; we LOVE them!  I also know of a whipped texture fluffy frosting that is vegan.

triny-girl
by Member on Jan. 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Please do share!! New to vegan cakes, anything that new to me willing to try, thanks

michiganmom116
by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Quoting triny-girl:

Please do share!! New to vegan cakes, anything that new to me willing to try, thanks

Double Chocolate Cake

1 2/3 c. all purpose flour

1 c. brown or white sugar

1/4 c. cocoa

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. water

1/3 c. vegetable oil

1 tsp. vinegar

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Mix in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.  Pour into pan lined with waxed paper and greased & floured.  Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until pick inserted in cake comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan.

This recipe is for one 8 inch layer.  It is originally to be mixed, baked and served from the pan.  Definitely use the waxed paper to make removing it from the pan in one piece possible.

To make this pumpkin flavor:  Omit cocoa, vanilla and choclate chips.  Stir 1 tsp. allspice or pumpkin pie spice into the mixture.  Decrease water to 1/2 cup.  Add 1/2 c. canned pumpkin with the wet ingredients.  Follow baking directions as above.

triny-girl
by Member on Jan. 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Thank you for sharing

MsEmsMom110
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I want to say thanks too. I haven't had any requests for this but its nice to know where to come to find it if it does come up. Thank you.

~~Tonya~~

Express your creative side or just hang out and chit-chat at the group Creative Cafe ! Group Owner

Godswk
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I know this is 2 months later, but I do have a recipe for a chocolate or pumpkin cake that requires no eggs or butter.  If you're interested, let me know.  They're very good; we LOVE them!  I also know of a whipped texture fluffy frosting that is vegan.

I'd like to try the chocolate vegan cake. Please send the recipe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)