Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, My name is....

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:33 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 483 Total Views

I am Melissa.  I have been sewing now less than a year and still have lots to learn.  I love making things for my kids.  My favorite types of projects are bags, aprons, and pillows, but I am up for a challenge so bring it on.  Its nice to meet you.

Come to support your swimmers!!  Swim Team Mommas!!!

Come see Ethan's Eyes  http://ethanseyes.webs.com/

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_of_3_babys
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Hello my name is kristi i been sewing for a long time. I learn from my grandma and lean how to sew in school i make project for my kids.

sewkute
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hello I'm Tracie and I've been sewing for over a year. I'm not that great and I kinda suck at it. But I keep trying. 

elananme
by Group Owner on Jul. 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Nice to meet you I cant wait to see your projects.

Anya0409
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Hello!!  I'm Christine and have been sewing seriously for about 6 years.  My kids insipire me in my projects and it was my stepson how inspirired me to start my sewing 6 years ago.  I make bags, blankets, pillows, scrunchies, and about a year ago I started making slings. I'm excited to make some new things and learn new techniques :)

gidget1988
by Member on Jul. 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Hello My name is Bridget! I have been sewing for seriously for almost a year now! I truly enjoy it! My very first sewing machine was a singer spartan that was built in 1945! It still works! I have seriously upgraded to a Brother Sewing/embroidery machine! I love doing both and I can't wait to work on some of the group projects with you ladies!

fairyteller
by on Jul. 11, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Hi, I'm Cat!

I have had a machine for a long time but only used it once in a great while so I am like a rank beginner. I like the idea of this being a workshop club rather than a discussion group...I need the focus and encouragement!

Thanks!

Cat*Autumn*Emma*Bohemi-mom

elananme
by Group Owner on Jul. 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Thats what i need as well, a goal and a group of people working toward the same goal.  Im glad to have you in our group and cant wait to see what you have for us.  Dont forget you can alter any pattern or tutorial we use to fit your needs or abilities.  Be creative!! and post lots of pics when you finish.  also remember to sign up for whichever project you want to do!

Quoting fairyteller:

Hi, I'm Cat!

I have had a machine for a long time but only used it once in a great while so I am like a rank beginner. I like the idea of this being a workshop club rather than a discussion group...I need the focus and encouragement!

Thanks!

LucindasMama
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM

My name is Karissa, and I've also been sewing less than a year.  I absolutely love it.  My machine can be a bit frustrating to work with, but I am slowly coming to the realization that it is likely user error and not the machine....

I also like that this is a workshop group - I often have projects that I'd like to try, but I'm either too tired at the end of the day, or too chicken!  It will be nice to have the encouragement of the group to get the project accomplished!

fairyteller
by on Jul. 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Quoting LucindasMama:

My name is Karissa, and I've also been sewing less than a year.  I absolutely love it.  My machine can be a bit frustrating to work with, but I am slowly coming to the realization that it is likely user error and not the machine....

I also like that this is a workshop group - I often have projects that I'd like to try, but I'm either too tired at the end of the day, or too chicken!  It will be nice to have the encouragement of the group to get the project accomplished!

I'm glad I am in good company here..some of the other sewing groups seemed too intimidating...lol...my dd's middle name is Lucinda! :)

Cat*Autumn*Emma*Bohemi-mom

Bangle
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:36 AM
I am Nicki, I also have had my machine for quite a few years but hardly bring it out!! I am hoping that once school starts and I (for the first time) have some time to myself, that I can spend some time really getting the hang of sewing. I would love to make purses, totes, well anything really!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)