Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quilt for charity July 27-August 10

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

Okay here it is:

WE are going to start quilting for charity.  Every couple of weeks (or as we get new volunteers in a different area of the country) I will post that persons new info.  Whoever wants to make and mail a 10x10 piece to the "assembler" can   It would be great if everyone did a sqaure.  It can be any pattern you want depending on your skill level.  It can be any color or design so long as its 10x10.

I am going to start this one and in two weeks Gidget1988 will do the next one.  She has already volunteered to assemble one for the local VA or Military Hospital.  The first one will be going to a needy family that goes to girl scouts with my daughter.

So first to participate in this first round sign up here so i know to expect your piece.  You have a month to piece it and get it in the mail to me, but i will try to hopefully have enough new volunteers to post a new person and charity every 2-3 weeks.

My address is:

Melissee Heldreth

3901 Marvyn Parkway lot 6

Opelika, Al 36801

Come to support your swimmers!!  Swim Team Mommas!!!

Come see Ethan's Eyes  http://ethanseyes.webs.com/

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gidget1988
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Yay this sounds great! I will be sending you a block very soon! As far as getting more volunteers, why don't you put a post in some of the other sewing groups(if it is allowed) and then see if anymore people will join us:-) tell them it is for a really good cause and I will invite people as well.

Inle_Rabbit
by on Aug. 8, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Hey! Just letting out know that I'm working on my square this weekend and will be mailing it out on Monday. =)

Anya0409
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

My block is done...yay  I'll mail it out Monday

gidget1988
by Member on Aug. 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I will have mine sent out in the next day or so... I have had a lot going on here sorry mine might be a couple of days late, but it will be there :-)

Anya0409
by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 9:19 PM

So I didn't get my block in the mail on Monday like I had planned, but I did do it today....and now I'm off to sew up another one...I really need to look through all my scrap fabric and see what else I have  I can't wait to see what the whole thing looks like :)

elananme
by Group Owner on Aug. 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I recieved it today!! i cant wait to get the others so i can see how they all look together

Quoting Anya0409:

My block is done...yay  I'll mail it out Monday

Come to support your swimmers!!  Swim Team Mommas!!!

Come see Ethan's Eyes  http://ethanseyes.webs.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)