Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So So So So Embarasing

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 776 Total Views

Okay, I have noticed that this has started happening to me since I had my son almost a year ago. It happens during yoga, especially twists, after bridges and shoulderstands. It happens after sex. There is only one word for it and I loathe that word. There HAS to be a different, technical name for it but I only know it as.......*winces*.....queefing. Seriously. I did a seated twist series the other day and it's like I'm wringing air out of my vagina with each twist! LOL I know it's silly, but I can't help being embarased by it. Is there anything I can do to make it stop???? Does this happen to anyone else? It has to be from the stretching during labor. This didn't happen before. And it doesn't always happen after sex, just when we do it doggie style. I know this might be TMI for some. I'm kind of a "let it all hang out" kinda girl....but not this much! LOL Please HELP!

Lynn

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkgemini85
by Group Admin on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:23 PM

OMG, this happened to me once when I was doing a bridge pose! I was thinking to myself  thank God I wasn't in a class!!!!  I have no idea how to stop it, but I wish I did!

JoyeAustin
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:30 PM

You said queefing.

big smile mini

Kelleysunshine
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Lol! This has never happened to me while I was doing yoga but it does when if I were to do sit-ups. (The reason I havent done situps in YEARS.) It happened to me before I had my daughter so I dont know why it does.

I hate teh word too! =[

CafeMom Tickers

Im Kelley, engaged to Michael (soul mate), mommy to Adalyn. We're extended breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping, cloth diapering. Im a Doula, studying to be a Midwife! I love my life!

JLWmassage
by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 7:52 AM

This happens to me everytime I do the "plow poise". When I take a class I always put in a light tampone to stop it from happening

zeppelynn
by Group Admin on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Quoting JoyeAustin:

You said queefing.

big smile mini

HAHAHHAHA! This made me laugh for like 2 minutes straight! LOL

Thank you all for replying.....it is a weird subject I know! Plow is a bad one for me, too, with this. I'd never thought about using a tampon. I'm going to the gyno soon and I will bring this up and let you all know! LOL Thanks again ladies!

pinkgemini85
by Group Admin on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM

great idea!

Quoting JLWmassage:

This happens to me everytime I do the "plow poise". When I take a class I always put in a light tampone to stop it from happening

Danielle1025
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I dont think I have laughed this hard all day ....    I took a bite of rice just ask I started reading, and swear the rice almost flew all over my computer.     

I am with all of you on everything.  I am sorry I could not give any insight as to how to stop this problem..     the tampon does sound like a good idea...    

BUT-

I just wanted to say THANKS  to all of you for giving me a good laugh today.  I needed it. laughing

zeppelynn
by Group Admin on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:16 PM

HAHAHA I had a hearty belly laugh writing it and reading the responses!!!!! Glad I could make you chuckle LOL 

sillymamak
by Member on Dec. 13, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I just joined this group and as soon as I saw the title of the post I knew what you were going to write about because it is so, so, so, embarrassing.  It started to happen to me after the birth of my first son and it is still happening after my second.  I think if I committed to strengthening my pelvic floor it might improve but that is my worst part of my body to work on.  It makes me figity to do Keegels.  Anyway, it used to stress me out and I did the tampon thing for awhile.  Now I just know what poses not to do during a yoga class.  For me it's when I'm in down dog and you lift your leg and open the leg to the side.  When I swing the leg through to a lunge....that's when it happens.  So I just lift my leg and keep my hips parallel to the floor and it seems to not happen.  Wish I had this forum when it first started happening to me.  I was getting ready to sub for my teacher while she was on maternity leave and was sure it would happen while I was teaching.  I was telling a friend about it and she called me Queef Lateefa.

mallypants
by on Dec. 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I acctually did a series of twisting today and I've noticed lots of extra air down there today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)