Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does it take?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:45 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

I have offtened wondered what does it take to be a yoga teacher. What is the education processes like

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
zeppelynn
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM

There are a LOT of ads in Yoga Journals, every issue is full of teacher training program ads, the last issue having a special section dedicated to state by state classes and training for teachers, and yoga confrences around the globe. Most say 200-400 study hours. Many 9 month courses, with weekend intensives. They are usually listed in the Carribean or someplace I could never go and stay, even for a week's vacation! You can go to their website and there is a special section for teachers and I think that info is there. Definitely something I wish were more accessible to me, as this is my dream "job." 

C.Sb
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I was just going to ask about this actually. Like what are reputable schools and such. I think being a Yoga instructor would be awesome. I would love to do it.

itscool2recycle
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2010 at 2:43 PM

i have gone to school for this and LOVED IT! the best way is to avoid those ads in the magazines and go to the yoga alliance website where they will tell you where to be a CERTIFIED yoga intructor and tell you where the schools are all over the country. I went to one in scottsdale az, but didnt get to finish due to having my son and relocating, i will finish somewhere and it will be my job, i want to help people's souls progress in this life, thats why i want to be a yoga teacher. 

zeppelynn
by Group Admin on Jan. 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Quoting itscool2recycle:

i have gone to school for this and LOVED IT! the best way is to avoid those ads in the magazines and go to the yoga alliance website where they will tell you where to be a CERTIFIED yoga intructor and tell you where the schools are all over the country. I went to one in scottsdale az, but didnt get to finish due to having my son and relocating, i will finish somewhere and it will be my job, i want to help people's souls progress in this life, thats why i want to be a yoga teacher. 

^^^^^I just fell in love with your last sentence:)^^^^^

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)