Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

January 23:National Yoga Day!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 12:28 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

Bust out those sticky mats! Do some sun salutations out of nowhere or add some extra time to your usual practice. Take a few quite moments to sit and appreciate yoga, what it has done for you and those around you, and appreciate yourself as well.

Do any of you have plans for this day? Unfortunately, my mother is having a lumpectomy the day before and I will be spending that night in the hospital with her. In our quiet time there, I plan on reading a book by HH Dalai Lama and reflecting on how yoga and Buddhism have brought so much light and positivity to my life and how I want to continue spreading it into the lives of those around me through my own light and positivity. Happiness is contagious. Spread it. I want to just throw out a humungous "thank you" to yoga and how resilient it has made my body and mind. It has changed me to the core, for the better. I am more forgiving, compassionate, and loving thanks to this ancient practice. "And now my life has changed in oh so many ways" I feel almost protective of my yoga practice and beliefs. Nurturing. I want to give it a big hug of gratitude.

How has yoga changed you? Let's use this post to express our gratitude to this amazing thing we call yoga.

Namaste,
Lynn

by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sillymamak
by Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Well put zeppelynn!  Yoga is so huge in my life.  I knew after taking my first Yoga class that I was changed forever.  I had been searching for something and found it with Yoga.  And my Yoga practice helped lead me to the practice of Buddhism.  It's been an amazing journey inward...sometimes scary, but nonetheless, an incredible journey.  I'm so thankful to Yoga for myself and also for my family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)