Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Few questions :)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 456 Total Views

I was going to go into this blindly and figure it out myself but I figure, why not ask the people who have been doing it?

Right now I'm 37 weeks pregnant and haven't been very active throughout due to 1-first trimester I was working 2 full-time jobs (7am-11pm) and being completely exhausted and sleeping during any spare time I had. 2-since then I've been working and taking classes online. 3-Ive been swelling badly so any time I can get to put my feet up, I do.

So now that you understand where I am physically, I need your help!

I won't be starting until after the baby is born so I think I would like to start out with a beginners (obviously) yoga, fairly simple, just to get me started and then move into the cardio type yoga (read something about vinyasa?) when my body feels ready.

What I need your help with are the different types of yoga  (What are they like? What do you like about it? etc) , DVD suggestions, maybe book suggestions?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bleu_Chanel
by on Feb. 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I mentioned this website in another post but will post the link here as well.  And don't let the "Advanced" part of the title discourage you.  This site is just as much for beginners as it is for the advanced. 

http://www.aypsite.org/index.html

I would also like to recommend spinal breathing to you.  Spinal breathing deals in healing your nervous system so it is great while you are pregnant and after pregnancy as well.  If you go to the AYP website it will teach you all about spinal breathing, meditation, yoga, diet and more.  If you don't want to weed through it all just let me know and I will post specific instructions on how to do all of it.

Also, watch as many videos as you can on yoga.  YouTube has an endless supply of them.  Here is a Part I video for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vLZqPZxZE

Hope this helps.

megz2011
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Thanks so much for the link! Looks great already!

Bleu_Chanel
by on Feb. 18, 2011 at 7:48 PM

You are very welcome. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)