Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My New DVD.

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

I bought a used yoga DVD off amazon.com because I'm trying really hard to save money, with shipping I think it cost me 9 bucks....  its by Bodyworks and is called "Yoga complete for every body" and has 35 different workouts that range from beginning to advanced levels. I was kind of skepitcal because it was really cheap, but I really like it! I've done all of the beginners workouts and most of the intermediate workouts. I think I still have some work to do before I try the advanced though. Anyway, I just wanted to let those of you that are new to yoga and want to continue advance at it that I recommend this dvd!  Happy Posing :)

A little meditation does a body good.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
zeppelynn
by Group Admin on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Wow that sounds like a heck of a deal!!!! I might check that out, too. I've been reading about Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Yoga Journal. He was the founder of Ashtanga Yoga. He just recently passed away and there was a huge memorial article in YJ with stories from his students. I guess you can buy videos of his teachings (they are labeled as "1st Series, 2nd Series" in the mag) but I think they would be awesome and diiiiiiificult!!! But so rewarding. I feel a deep spiritual connection to yoga (i'm Buddhist) and I want something a little more spiritual than Denise Austin teaching yoga. (Don't get me wrong...I actually have this DVD and it is a good work out. I just long for something that can strengthen my soul as well.) I might check Ebay or Amazon for it and get back to you guys. And I love your "happy posing" at the end!!!!

pinkgemini85
by Group Admin on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Very cool! I have a Denise Austin dvd too lol I know what your saying because ecerytime I do her work out I think to myself "this isnt true yoga" But she helps me strengthen soooo whatever lol. But I have a couple other dvd's like this one that look like they might be cheesy but I get a great great experience from them! I need to start getting yoga journal by the way!

Quoting zeppelynn:

Wow that sounds like a heck of a deal!!!! I might check that out, too. I've been reading about Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Yoga Journal. He was the founder of Ashtanga Yoga. He just recently passed away and there was a huge memorial article in YJ with stories from his students. I guess you can buy videos of his teachings (they are labeled as "1st Series, 2nd Series" in the mag) but I think they would be awesome and diiiiiiificult!!! But so rewarding. I feel a deep spiritual connection to yoga (i'm Buddhist) and I want something a little more spiritual than Denise Austin teaching yoga. (Don't get me wrong...I actually have this DVD and it is a good work out. I just long for something that can strengthen my soul as well.) I might check Ebay or Amazon for it and get back to you guys. And I love your "happy posing" at the end!!!!

zeppelynn
by Group Admin on Aug. 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM

It is an awesome mag and you can go to yogajournal.com and spend hours looking at all the poses and articles and quizzes! Trust me...I speak from experience. LOL

I say any yoga is good yoga!

sugarmagnolia1
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 4:00 PM

This dvd is great! Its the one I got with my books for my personal trainer certification!

LaurenS14
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2009 at 9:51 AM

That sounds like an awesome DVD!  I will have to search for it :)

I recently got one from Amazon that is Ashtanga yoga.  It's long - 90 minutes, but is the real deal.  The guy who does it (I don't remember his name) is amazing, so it's a little intimidating, but then nobody's watching me either - except maybe my daughter and husband!  Anyway, I think it's a good alternative to paying $10/week to go to class.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)