Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM
  • 155 Replies
  • 2693 Total Views
hi ladies welcome to moms studying to be teachers. all you have to do is introduce yourself , tell us about you and your family. we all know your here because u want to be a teacher welcome again.

let me start by saying: my name is kerryann im 21 almost  22yrs and i have 2 sons roshaune 3 and akeem 20mths. i live in jamaica. im not married but i have a wonderful bf weve been together a year now  
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 12:09 AM
Hi, my name is Pamela and I just joined the group. I received my Associates of Arts and now I am on my way to Ashland University to get my bachelors in education (PreK ~ 3).  I have one daughter, Alexandra (13 yrs old) and a soul~mate of 12 1/2 yrs (Adam).  We live in Grafton, Ohio and we enjoy have bon~fires, spending time together and the two of them trying not to interfer with me while i am studing.
Good luck to all of you!!
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2007 at 2:16 PM
I am trying to go to school to become an Elem. Teacher, but it is SOOO hard taking time away from my husband and baby at nite, while working all day!  I know that it will be beneficial in the long run, but I just wish I could finish school like I should have done before I get married and had kids.  If only I knew then what I know now!  It is a struggle to do it.  I feel like I am missing out on my 2 1/2 year old and having nites just to hang with my husband!  I am sooo tired.   I still have 3 more years of this!  I also can't stand that some of the classes I need now and/or in the future are only available during the day!  I have a full time job during the day!  That is going to be interesting later down the road.

Have a great father's day!
Sandra 28, married and mother of 1
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Hi! My name is Carlie and I am soon to be 27. I went back to school 3 years ago and just finished my Associates of Teacher Education this summer. I work full time at a school district in MO in the Curriculum Dept so I am blessed to get the "inside" on teaching and all the rules that follow. I will begin my bachelor's in Fall but to be honest I am struggling with my major. I am thinking about Psychology. I am not a BIO mom but I do have 2 step daughters who are 4 and 7. I love them and take care of them like my own. Going to school at night is VERY hard and comes with alot of guilt when I leave my family but I know in a couple of years it will be worth it for all of us

by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 5:50 PM
My name is Stephanie, im 19 . I have a 9 month old daughter named Sophie. I'm a single mommy and im at a Community College getting my Ass. Degree, then im going to trandfer to a University to get my Early Childhood Education Degree..
by Member on Jun. 17, 2007 at 6:41 PM
Hi I am Danielle, I am 25 and my daughter Elizabeth is 5. Both our birthdays were this month. I am currently engaged to a man who is wounderfull to my daughter and I. I have my AA in childhood developement and am currently attending University to get my BS in Early Childhood Education.
by on Jun. 18, 2007 at 12:09 PM
 Hi - I am 29, married, mother of 2 boys ages 6 & 3, and new lab puppy - a girl!

I got an AA after highschool and then "played" until kids, and have been a stay-at-home-mom, watching kids on the side.  I want to be a teacher - elementary - going back to work when my youngest is in 1st grade. 

You all are further along however - in that I am just stuck in making a decision of which school to go to, or even online or night classes.  I was pretty close to enrolling with Ashland - how do you like it "Blackcatsbroom"?

I am glad someone has started this group and I will be checking back lots to gain some insight!  Thanks!
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2007 at 10:07 PM
Hi everyone & thanks sooo much for the invite. My name is Amy, I reside in Buffalo, NY I'm almost 25 years old w/ one son...20 months old. I'My bf & I are not married, but have been together 2 1/2 years....he's the love of my life & I'm hoping to get a ring soon (can only anticipate it). I love meeting new people and I find it awesome that there is a group for us soon to be teachers!!!!

by on Jun. 18, 2007 at 10:53 PM
Thanks for the invite!

My name is Adrienne, I'm 23, married, and have a 3.5 month old son. I'm soooo close to my asso. degree, and will transfer to another school to *finally* get my degree in secondary education. (Lots of early childhood education people out there, am I the only secondary education major??)

by on Jun. 18, 2007 at 11:00 PM

My name is Britnie and I am a senior studying secondary education social studies with a certification in middle school.  I have a 19 mos old son who can really make things interesting at my house when I am trying to study!  I got married kind of young and was surprised right off the bat with pregnancy.  It has definitely made my schooling slower, but I think it has caused me to know in my heart this is what I have always wanted to do with my life and to continue to work towards my goals.  I love to talk about the education of youth and the supreme importance of being a solid role model for young people.
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2007 at 12:30 AM
Hi, I'm Lesli and I am a SAHM and Full Time student at a University in So Cal working on my Bachelors and Teaching Credentials for Elem. Ed. I want to teach either 1st or 2nd grade. I am a former Pre-K teacher of 12 yrs. In 2002 my husband and I got married and I was able to quit work and go back to school FT. Then 3 mos later my daughter was conceived and 1 wk before our 1st anniv. she was born. I continued through school while  I was pg with her and while I was pregnant with my son who was born 18 mos later. Right now I average 3 classes a semester (last semester I got straight A's, YAY!) and in the Fall I am going to take 4 classes. It's not easy, but well worth it. Wish me luck!

So, I have been married to dh for 5 yrs in July and our daughters 3 1/2 and our son is 2. We live in Orange County, CA (5 mins to beach/10 mins to Dland) Nice to meet you all & can't wait to chat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)