Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats it like to have twins! Im 5months with 2 little angels and so excited !

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 589 Total Views
Im 5months with twins and need to know all about it! Im excited and scared what it like being a mummy of 2 in one go. Is it hard ty x
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlexDakotasMom
by New Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Oh its a blast to have two! There's some scary parts but its nothing you won't be able to work your way through...you are going to be tired and if you have a great support system that will help out a lot! There's so much with twins I wouldn't know where to start on the answers..what specific things do you want to know???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlexDakotasMom
by New Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Oh and congratulations on twin baby girls!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sashaandbump
by New Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM
What wad it lik wen u had them?and how was ur partner? Was it had to get them in to routine? We find out next week wat we r having! Thanks 4 replying x x
ream1020
by New Member on May. 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Having two is a blessing from God.  It is great because they are instant friends and they each have someone to play with.  I have twin girls that just turned one the 5th of May.  They are so wonderful.  They both light up when you walk in especially after a nap.  It is the greatest gift.  If I may suggest read the book Twelve hours of sleep by twelve weeks old.  It is a fab book.  We have our girls sleeping through the night at 3 months.  It is all about putting them on a schedule.  Remember to swaddle too.  Works like a charm.  Like the last post... there is so much with twins.  I had an emergency c-section due to leaking amniotic fluid.  My partner was great and the doctors were fab.  I had no issues and mine both were good sized, due to the fact they came five weeks early.  I am here for you if you have questions or anything.  Just let me know!!

Sashaandbump
by New Member on May. 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Thanks hun i cnt wait so excited! Do u dress them the same i think i will looks so cute! X
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlexDakotasMom
by New Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM
Def like ream said schedule. I could never get mine on one cuz the hospital put them on one where they fed an hr apart and I couldn't change that for the world of me..my DH was good, he worked a lot so I had great help from my dad, I wish I would of known bout that book but it prolly wasn't out when my babies were born. I had one boy natural then his bro was c-section. They were early 8 1/2 weeks but only spent 4 & 5 weeks in the NICU they don't have any problems from that either thankfully. I dressed my boys the same till they were alittle over two even though they weren't identical lol. They are a load of even though tough work. Are you planning to put them in the same crib @ first? I did till they could roll and it worked great with them. Any more questions just post then! Let us know what the babies are!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sashaandbump
by New Member on May. 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Thanks huni i will be put them in the same cot! Defo let u no i cnt wait so excited roll on tusday x

Quoting AlexDakotasMom:

Def like ream said schedule. I could never get mine on one cuz the hospital put them on one where they fed an hr apart and I couldn't change that for the world of me..my DH was good, he worked a lot so I had great help from my dad, I wish I would of known bout that book but it prolly wasn't out when my babies were born. I had one boy natural then his bro was c-section. They were early 8 1/2 weeks but only spent 4 & 5 weeks in the NICU they don't have any problems from that either thankfully. I dressed my boys the same till they were alittle over two even though they weren't identical lol. They are a load of even though tough work. Are you planning to put them in the same crib @ first? I did till they could roll and it worked great with them. Any more questions just post then! Let us know what the babies are!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WonderTwinMom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Having twins is amazing. I have boy/girl & they are almost 3 1/2. It can be very challenging at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just try to set a schedule from day 1...feedings, naps, bedtime etc...as they get older this is def. a big help! Congrats!

twin girls

AshtonsMom138
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2010 at 4:03 AM
I am in the same situation as you kinda! I have a baby girl now that is 6 months old.. and found out I am 2-2 1/2 months pregnant with TWINS!! I dont know if I want to smile or cry about this.. its going to be hard!! And scary!! Good luck to you!! Maybe we can chat on her sometime! I would love to hear how things are going for you being 5 months already!
Perfect_Mommy13
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2010 at 7:48 AM

OMG...I have a 4 year old set of twins..One boy and One girl...I wouldn't trade for anything in this world....It's a great experience and yes, it's also hard but a wonderful learning experience...I'd love to chat more with you if you'd like...I'm about to drop the kiddies off summer camp...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)