Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 and having twin boys somebody please help me!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 476 Total Views

my name is shay and im having two boys this august. i really just want to know the basics about twins. like what theyll be like and the things ill need to watch out for during this last trimester.

by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ream1020
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hey Shay congrats on your pregnancy.  I have twin girls that are now two.  When you are in your last trimester look out of swelling and leaking of fluid.  I had swelling my last trimester not anything serious, but could have been.  We kept an eye on it.  I also ended up leaking amniotic fluid which lead to my C-section.  As long as you go to your doctor appointments and stay on top of things he/she says you will be fine.  One thing I will recommend is reading Twelve hours of sleep by Twelve weeks old.  This book is awesome.  My twins have been sleeping through the night since three months old.  It is an awesome book about keeping them on a schedule and having positive success with it.  My next suggestion is swaddle.  My kids loved being swaddled because it is a secure place that feels like they are in the womb.  My kids have also listened to a lullaby CD every time they nap and go to bed.  It also works like a charm.  I can't garauntee this will all work, but these are suggestions that I would try.  Every child is different and you will know your kids as soon as they come out.  TRUST ME!!  I hope this helps.

PrincessBrie
by Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Omg! I'm 16 too! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessBrie
by Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM
And having g/b twins

I'm always on here so if you wanna talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:59 PM

From the moment we brought our twin girls home, they went straight to the crib for sleeping.  No sleeping in moms bed, no bassinet.  They would occasionally sleep in bouncy seats or on a blanket on the floor, but mainly in the crib.  This teaches them, that when they are in there, its time to sleep.  My girls were sleeping through the night by two months.  They are 14 months old now and sleep 10-12 hours a night with one 2-3 hour nap during the day.  I think I just got lucky though.  Schedules are most important.  My OB (who has twins herself) said do everything at the same time.  If one eats, wake the other and have him eat too, even if he's not crying for it.  It gets them on the same schedule together. Swaddling is a must.  Summer Infant makes incredible velcro swaddlers that are way easier to use than a blanket.  

mommyoftwins28
by Member on Dec. 20, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Omg I have twin girls too they are ten months and your so right about having them on the same schedual

Quoting Stephd710:

From the moment we brought our twin girls home, they went straight to the crib for sleeping.  No sleeping in moms bed, no bassinet.  They would occasionally sleep in bouncy seats or on a blanket on the floor, but mainly in the crib.  This teaches them, that when they are in there, its time to sleep.  My girls were sleeping through the night by two months.  They are 14 months old now and sleep 10-12 hours a night with one 2-3 hour nap during the day.  I think I just got lucky though.  Schedules are most important.  My OB (who has twins herself) said do everything at the same time.  If one eats, wake the other and have him eat too, even if he's not crying for it.  It gets them on the same schedule together. Swaddling is a must.  Summer Infant makes incredible velcro swaddlers that are way easier to use than a blanket.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaynjazzymom
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 9:28 PM

well i have twins a boy and a girl idont feed them at the same time they eat about 30 min behind one another but around the same time every day reason being mii husben works alot n i found out the hard way u just cant feed n burp two babies at the same time my son loves to be wraped and my girl dont they just like what they like my lil girl can go to sleep on her own my son has to be wraped n a soft blanket they get a bath n the moring n one at night then they eat n go right to sleep but they right about setting a schedul for them i just wont wake one up but i wont let them go to sleep to far one behind the other like get one put them to bed or belly time then do the other. that give u time to speend alone time wit one then the other and as they get older they would start to play with another

MamiofTwins25
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I just had twin boys.. they are 3 months now... i wont lie.. its hard to keep them on a schedule by yourself!! One like to be held and the other will hang out by himself and be ok.. but when he gets tired hes grumpy and wants to be held too.. i cant comfort them both on my own... So i try and feed them at least an hour apart so i can feed one and lay him down then get his brother... be sure to have help at first lol big smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)