Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE read and HELP me, PIOG!! UPDATED AGAIN

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

PLEASE help me!! After a LOT of thinking after the way my In Laws treated me during their last visit right after Christmas I have decided that I do NOT want my kids to live with them if they're under the age of 18 and something happens to my husband and I. I will be changing my will soon to improvise that. BUT CPS (Child Protection Services) has been over once before now and has been VERY involved in what's been happening. Our doctors have lied to us about our younger twin son's medical "evaluations" and apparently he has a small crack on his skull AND not only has had 2 ribs cracked but according to CPS has had 5 more HEALING from that. I do NOT have an anger problem .... I am a SAHM and my husband is Active Duty Coast Guard. His parents are in IL, mine are in WI and we're currently located in Alaska. I am wondering, if CPS decides to take the kids away, (we go to the docs today to ask about what's been going on .... ) what are my parents rights and his parents rights? We've been married since late June 07 .... And while I would have in the past said that I wanted HIS parents to care for them, I have grown closer to my parents and his parents HATE me. I'm not sure if you can or want to, but I wrote about parts of the things that happened when his parents were here in my journal on here. They SHOULD be able to view. I guess I'm asking for help, I'm not sure what the laws are here and no doctor has expressed to us that they feel either or both are hurting the kids. I know that because I care for them all day that I'd be the first looked at and I wouldn't do ANYTHING to my kids ....

So please, let me know what you know. Either by responding to this post, PMing me, or emailing me at amyhwoods@yahoo.com. I'm not sure where to start looking for Grandparents Rights and what all can happen. Be sure to let me know if you need/want me to elaborate a bit more and I will.

Thank you!!

**I KNOW that there will be people against me saying that I have no clue how the injuires happened. But it's TRUE. The docs have ALL stated how great our kids are and how happy they are .... and BOTH kids are VERY healthy! So truely I have NO CLUE how the injuries have happened. I also am already feeling like I'm being called a liar by a mom on here because she questions my knowledge .... but I KNOW for a FACT that I haven't hurt my kids. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that my husband lately has left me home by myself after he's done with work and takes the kids out. He treats the kids WAY better than I get treated and I am not yet sure if they (me not being treated well and the kids always out with him while I'm home) are connected .... JUST wanted to clarify ....

So let me first say that I AM concerned about how my son obtained his injuries .... I am VERY concerned! But since an appt has been made to test him for some things (Apparently he has NOT been tested for Brittle Bones and we still have his genetic test to get through) that should bring some answers. So I'm already taking care of HOW he got them .... So I'm now focused (like I have since this AM) about what could happen afterwards .... So my little one will be tested for Brittle Bone and genetic disorders .... Otherwise nothing new .... I have cried my eyes out this afternoon and we never went to half of what we had plans for .... This kinda takes precedence .... If ANYONE has INFORMATION on my ORIGINAL post feel free to let me know.

**  I just wanted to clear something else up .... As I see I didn't mention it and nobody else has. My husband is active duty military. Technically we are NOT residents of Alaska. He is a resident of his parents' state and I am a resident of my parents' state. I am not sure how that will affect everything.

Also, I found out yesterday at the doctors visit that my son has NOT had the Brittle Bone test done on him so next week we are scheduled to have that procedure done on him. Tonight we are going to have his twin XRayed to see if he has had any internal injuries.

So if anyone has info that would be of any real help please either PM me on here or email me (email is listed above) so I can get through this. Thank you.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JarellFox
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM

what happen to clause these injuries or  is that something you don't want to say??

they will do whats best for the children if both grand parents want the kids. if only one wants them then they will get them..

but this is only if you or your hubby are found to be unfit parents.. if you are found to be fit parents then CPS will just keep checking on you i am not sure how often or how long but this is better then lossing your kids..

keep us poasted

Jarell (21) hubby Tim(28)   Ian and Ely (1 and half will be  2 feb 15)

amyhwoods
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I would state what's happened if I knew. We have made a doc appt to figure that out ....

Quoting JarellFox:

what happen to clause these injuries or  is that something you don't want to say??

they will do whats best for the children if both grand parents want the kids. if only one wants them then they will get them..

but this is only if you or your hubby are found to be unfit parents.. if you are found to be fit parents then CPS will just keep checking on you i am not sure how often or how long but this is better then lossing your kids..

keep us poasted

FergieDZ
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I am unsure how cps got involved in your lives in the first place.  Have they done a home study?

Sarah     

amyhwoods
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Not yet. Nobody's even been assigned to us yet .... and since tomorrow we'll be driving north for the appt we have for MT's testing, we won't be home til Thursday at the latest .... and we have PT comin by Friday afternoon .... so I ASSUME they'll be doing something like that eventually but IDK.

Quoting FergieDZ:

I am unsure how cps got involved in your lives in the first place.  Have they done a home study?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)