Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Belly weight lose

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:55 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 456 Total Views

Hi everyone. How did you get your belly back. Mine looks like Kate from Jon and Kate plus 8 and I have no belly button. I did gain 60lbs and lost 45 so far (twins are 3 months) Any advice will my belly skin ever be normal again?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinsontheway08
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:55 AM

I think it is different with every person. I had my twins a little over 2 months ago and I have lost 58 of the 71 pounds I put on, and I just started working out again. My belly button still doesn't look normal and my belly is looking similar to Kate's too, as far as the stretched out skin. I hope it returns to normal but I think it'll take alot of work!! Good luck to you!!

Rebartwins
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM

i nuresed form the get go for the first year and i swear by if for getting your body back! in 1 week i was back in my regular cloths again. as far as belly buttons go, yeah mine will never go back to normal, i didnt get a whole lot of stretch marks on my belly, but i do know that unfortunetly there is nothing you an do for stretched out skin.

hope you get back to the way you want it to be, i know it helps a ton with how you feel

good luck : )

TwiceTheLove2
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM
I'm probably not the right person to talk about weight loss or putting your tummy back together. No one ever believed that I was having twins or that I had twins. I had a very difficult time gaining weight. But I have heard that nursing twins burns about 3,500 calories a day and it helps put your uterus back together. I felt like there was a vacuum in my belly while I would nurse. I started going to the gym twice a week right after their first birthday and I've learned that it takes a lot of lower abdominal work to put things back together. I feel like I either look like I have a six-pack or I have a beer belly along my lower abs, it's like there is nothing in the middle. I guess there is always a tummy tuck! I wouldn't worry so much though it's only been three months! I had a C-section and I was still sore after 3 months and I got a beer belly every time I ate something. Good luck to you!
Sasha & Sami's mommy
jmegee
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Thank you Ladies. Nice to know others who have gone through the same.

Cupcake1027
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I had my twins 6 months ago, I've already lost 50 lbs of the 60 lbs I've gained. However, I still have a belly that looks like 3 months pregger and I thought it'd be soft + sagging skin but it still feels a little "hard"?!  I went to see my OB, she said that unfortunately it's probably going to be like this forever because what that is ... it's my stomach muscle got over-stretched and it came apart. I was devistated when she told me that it's going to look like that forever. Dark lines from the stretchmarks is still there.... I just hope it will go away eventually. I'll wait another 6 months and see how it's going to turn out, in the mean time I guess I'll be playing wii FIT.  

FergieDZ
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I am not the one to really answer this cause I only gained 20lbs total.  I am back at my prebaby weight 14weeks since the csection.  I still have a little lump or shelf over the incision and my belly well.... loose saggy skin.  Some people's skin does not go back.  Hence the need for a tummy tuck but hopefully it will tighten back up.  My doc said there is really nothing to do but wait.  Time will tell if you will go back or not.  If not.... Save up for the tummy tuck... That's what I am thinking!  Atleast it is hidable right?! 

ashley.hodges
by Member on Feb. 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  My girls are 9 months and I've lost the weight I gained, but still have saggy skin.  I look like I've got a tucked in t-shirt around my middle.  I've asked a few singleton moms and their stomachs are all back to normal minus the stretch marks.  For the ones with young ones, it does get a little better, but so far not back to normal.

MommyofTwins442
by Member on Feb. 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

well my twins are 10 months old and i gained almost 70 lbs in the pregnancy, and I still need to lose about 30lbs. my belly is horrible....it does look just like I have a tucked in shirt made out of skin on lol.  but my mother had twins also....it was 16 years ago and her belly bairly hangs over at all, and she looks very good, so it does go away on some people...she said it took a few years to start looking normal, I still have hope

TwinMommyMaura
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM

It's six months after the birth, and I'm back to my pre baby weight of 128lbs, but I'm not the same size.  I walk regularly, so my legs and butt are doing great, but I also have some extra pudge around the middle.  It doesn't seem to be going away, ever, despite the exercise.  To tell the truth, though, I'm more bothered by my saggy boobs.  Yuck.  I remind myself that it was worth it, though. 

I have read that belly fat can be dangerous, though.  The worst kind of fat.  So, I don't know.

Issa816
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I lost all 45 lbs I gained within 4 months by breastfeeding... I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight, but sadly, my belly is still sort of depressing.  It's squishy still.  I just wish my milk hadn't run out and I could have gone longer and lost more weight!   

The boys are almost 9 months, and I am suspecting that I will need to find time to hit the gym to make it "not-squishy" - I'm not kidding myself, rock hard abs are probably not in my future. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)