Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blah adviced please !!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 236 Total Views
ok ladies here is the deal im being trying to get the twins out if the pacifer cause there going to be 3 years on june and i want at least that cause they still are in diapers and to be honest i was getting so frutrated that i scream at them so i quit untill they show more signals of being prepared for that so they can pass all day without it if they are entretain today it was the first time that i try not give it to them on nap time no success they stay awake for an hour crying for it so i was going nuts and my neighbor came and say that if i can make then stop cause her newborn wants to sleep so i give it to them they finally fal asleep but my question is how hard is this cause i want them out of it butanother problem i have is my self when we go out i put the binkis in my bag and try not to give them but as soon as they start crying or something i just give it to them and peace and silence do they know im going to give up and thats why they cry if that is how can i make that stop my hubby and i were thinking about lollypops but if we are going out them they will get dirty cause i dont know yours but mines doesnt understand well how to eat and dont make mess they love to rub the food and liquid (anykind) on them selfs blah my little brats driving me nuts can you give me anyadvice ? im desperate please anything will be helpfull

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Twinners
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM

A friend of mine used something like the tooth fairy and she called it the pacifier fairy.  Where you tell the kids that soon the pacifier fairy is going to come (best tiem would be a Fri night cuz then you have the weekend with the worst of the transition) and that they need to put their pacifiers in a special container and then the fairy will leave a special surprise for them.  The surprise could be a new toy, or another comfort object they can use in place like a stuffed animal, or special blanket.  If you let them be the ones who put their pacifier in the container then they made the choice and it will be a much easier transition. 

I don't know if you like this idea or think it will work, but thats all I have :)  Good luck and I hope you find something that will work for you and your little ones :)

Keyfra
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

i love the idea but sometime si think they wouldnt understand what i say lol but i try it  is a cool idea

Quoting Twinners:

A friend of mine used something like the tooth fairy and she called it the pacifier fairy.  Where you tell the kids that soon the pacifier fairy is going to come (best tiem would be a Fri night cuz then you have the weekend with the worst of the transition) and that they need to put their pacifiers in a special container and then the fairy will leave a special surprise for them.  The surprise could be a new toy, or another comfort object they can use in place like a stuffed animal, or special blanket.  If you let them be the ones who put their pacifier in the container then they made the choice and it will be a much easier transition. 

I don't know if you like this idea or think it will work, but thats all I have :)  Good luck and I hope you find something that will work for you and your little ones :)

Rebartwins
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM

mine were also 2 1/2 when we got rid of the nummy (pacifire) my girlfriend had just had a baby and so for a few days we did a lot of talking about it to prepair them and at the end of the week, they walked around and picked up all their nummys, put them in a bag and themselfs handed them over to the new baby "because the baby needs nummys not big kids". right after we took them to the toy store and let the pick out whatever toy they wanted (small gidence from mom and dad) and that made them happy and feel a bit grown up. my son had no problem with it but my daughter took about a week to really get use to it, she would just ask for it and we had to remind them that the baby needed their nummys and that they were big kids now. when she got really upset one day we told her she could have her nummy back but she had to give up her new toy and that wasnt happening! so it worked really well for us. u said that your neighbor has a newborn so that might work perfect for you! and just to make sure, the nummys got thrown out not reused! lol  also with the potty training, use mini m&m's (or whatever small candy they like) worked like a charm! when they went #1 they got 1 m&m and so on.

hope this helps and good luck. here are a few pictures from that day, maybe they will help!

wink6877
by on May. 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM

We took binky's away cold turkey at 18 months. When they'd cry or ask for them I'd say " Binky's are for babies, and your big girls ". It took a few nights, but eventually they stopped asking.

On "Super Nanny" she had the child collect all the binky's and put them in an envenlope - and then they took it to the post office and "Mailed"  the binky's to babies that needed them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)