Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fevers: what to do?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:27 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

OK let me explain my situation. As everyone on here has twins in some form or another, you can maybe help me out. One of my sons came down with a fever of 102.2 and wasn't keeping anything down. My baby is only 10 months old so I'm really scared. I have tried everything I can to bring his temp down to no avail. I tried giving him an alcohol bath, given him pedialyte and seven up, given him infant tylenol, giving him a cold bath and kept wiping him down with a cloth. I also just had him in a diaper and let him sleep with me. Nothing was working. finally two days later it broke and I was so relieved. I was wondering If any of you mothers had any remedies or suggestion as to what I can do the next time him or his twin brother breaks out in fever? It would help so much. Thank  you

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lostin2
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I have never heard of giving them an alcohol bath before. One of my twin just got done having a fever; it broke last night. I gave him a cool bath, put only a diaper on him, and gave him cold water and milk. That seemed to help but not much. I finally took him to the doc yesterday; he has an ear infection so he got meds. That has helped a ton.

twirlies
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:48 AM

Some advice I was given by my bf is to rotate baby Tylenol and baby Motrin and that seems to really help. I also turn on the fan or ac as I wipe them down with an ice cold clothe. That seems to work for me. 

Lillian and Victoria's  Mommy

twin girls

TwiceTheLove2
by Member on Jul. 30, 2009 at 1:12 AM
We switch btw Tylenol & Motrin too. It really does make a difference. We also gently wipe them down with a cold clothe. My boys won't drink pedialyte but they will eat the pedialyte popsicles. I break it apart in a bowl and spoon feed it to them like ice cream. Hope your babies are doing well.
Quoting twirlies:

Some advice I was given by my bf is to rotate baby Tylenol and baby Motrin and that seems to really help. I also turn on the fan or ac as I wipe them down with an ice cold clothe. That seems to work for me. 

Sasha & Sami's mommy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)