Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 438 Total Views

So I have this gorgeous fireplace mantel and the side walls have a nice molding on it too.  I'm about to paint the house and I'm not sure what to do with that wall.  I definetly want to keep the mantel all white so it pops.  But what do I do with the side walls? I feel if I do the moldings white too it'll take away from the fireplace.  I'm doing the room a pale yellow color, so what would you do with the side walls?

And the sconces on the mantel are gold, but I feel like they're dated.  So I want to paint them also, because I like the style.  What color would you do?

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
FabDarling
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM

actually i would probably treat the side walls with the moulding AS the fireplace and have it all white.....this way your fireplace looks like a GIANT full wall fireplace. (but that's just me.)

you could also with the pale yellow walls pick that wall to be an accet wall a little darker.

the lighting fixtures i would also paint.  they sell cool kits at most craft or home improvement store where you could crackle them or do a patina finish on them (to look like aged bronze) or you could just spray them black or a metalic pewter.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM

You could paint the whole wall white, but then add some intrest in the way of fabric panels or some pictures in the very subtle colors in the larger panels up top. For the light fixtures, it really depends on your personal taste. You can really paint them any color you want these days with a can of rust-o-leum spray paint or one of the kits that Fab was talking about. You can make them look silver, nickle, oil rubbed broned, aged brass, pretty much anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)