Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sawyer's "new" dresser (before and after)

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1082 Total Views

Sawyer has one dresser that is beautiful, but it's a lower dresser.  I wanted to find him a highboy to go with his current dresser.  He's switching rooms with Hadleigh and will be losing his armoire.  So, I found this on ebay.  It was local so we were able to pick it up.  I just love it!  

Here is the before:

My dad refinished it for me.  He does amazing work!  Here is the after!  (It's still in his garage in this photo, so ignore it.)

by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
psych_mom
by Stacy on Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I just love it. Your dad did a great job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseSiO2
by Laurie on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

WOW!  I love it.  Your dad did a great job.  And I love that you kept the wood!  Contrary to what it may seem, I don't think everything needs to be painted.

Steph75
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Thanks guys!  

Yes, I would never paint anything that is really, really old.  My version of really old is 1800s and very early 1900s.  I'm all for painting things from the 50s, 60s on up, especially if they aren't good wood.  However, I do have painted woodwork in our house.  I love white woodwork and our wood isn't oak or anything pretty.  I did strip part of it when we moved in to see what it looked like and it was full of wood filler that didn't take stain.  It was a mess.  So, I go against my normal rule when it comes to woodwork.  :)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM

That dresser had some gorgeous bones! Good Lord, would I love to find something like that...and then , of course, have your dad finish it for me. LOL!

suziejax
by Suzie on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Just beautiful!

candy79556
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM
That us beautiful.
Gaileey
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM

that really came out beautiful!!!!!!

cjsix
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Wow! Your Dad did an amazing job! It's beautiful! What a wonderful family heirloom he has helped create.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)