Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I Am Burned Out In Debating

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 532 Total Views

This is the last debate group I am in.  I left one a few months ago because I was tired of arguing the same things with the same people.  The other debate group I left today was simply too slow.  I guess I got all my arguing out and I have realized that there is just no convincing anyone that their positions may be shakier than they believe.  Anyway, I am here, so convince me why debating is fun :)

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darkeyedmom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I wish I could, I'm in a couple because I was invited so I figured I'd give it a try. The only thing we do in debate groups is run in circles trying to catch our tails like my kitten does,lol. 

Dolla Power RespectWe are women hear us roar-Robin

AuroraAFA
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Yep and it always turns catty.  I like to debate for the learning experience of it all.  If you are going to come to a debate forum to just trash talk you aren't doing much debating. 

darkeyedmom
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Totally agree. When they have political debates on t.v. I don't see them beating the hell out of each other. I know everyone has heard this saying. You agree to disagree!

Quoting AuroraAFA:

Yep and it always turns catty.  I like to debate for the learning experience of it all.  If you are going to come to a debate forum to just trash talk you aren't doing much debating. 

Musical HeadphonesRobin, adm. of agoraphobia and anxiety!Music is soothing:).

pisces_chick89
by Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2010 at 7:03 PM

im getting tired of debating

dont like to have that angry feeling..and i hate when people end their sentences with open you mind..or learn something for youself.

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/nature/bears/panda-ani.gifwant a group without censorship or post deletion?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/105760

AuroraAFA
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

People who say that usually are not the type that have open minds, they simply want you to change yours to meet their expectations.  Oh well, can't win for losing I guess.  Not only am I burned out on debating, I find I am burned out on cafemom.  I think this is the first time I have been on here in a month.

pisces_chick89
by Group Owner on Feb. 28, 2010 at 3:43 PM

im much more fond of having discussions than big drag out arguement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)