Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself Here...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 387 Total Views

This is a great place to introduce yourself and explain to us all how you like to keep things old school.

Group Owner Breastfeeding Uncensored

Group admin. Young Old School Momma's

If you are young and like to keep things old School with the way you raise your children then come join our group.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
QueenB36
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Hi im a 23 year old first time momma. Kaylin will be 3 months old Aug 1st.  I believe in respecting your elders and  I will spank  when she gets out of line &she is old enough. I will not allow her to be an unruly brat because I believe in discipline and Im not going to be afraid of my child like some people out there.  I also believe in sitting down every night with your child(ren) to eat dinner - so that they learn table manners and have family time. I think thats all i have to say for now.

breastfeeding

Xantho
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM

My name is Jamie and I'm 23 raising a 6 year old.  I make sure she knows that you respect your elders, I limit TV time and what is on the TV also video games.  We only eat in the kitchen at the table as a family and table manners are enforced greatly!  I've gotten her into Girl Scouts so that she can better udnerstand values.  If she doesn't take care of her things she gets them taken away and I'm also not afraid to spank.  I think kids today are awful!! If I had acted this way when I was little I would have been backhanded very quickly and I think there should be rules that have to be followed or there are consequences!

smcclure2005
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Hi. My name is Sabrina. I am 34 and I have 3 babies. A 14 yr girl, and 2 boys 6 and1. I am married to a great man and I am a stay at home mom. I am honest and I would like the same in return. If I left anything out please just ask.

melissabilliot
by Group Owner on Aug. 6, 2009 at 9:15 PM

My name is missy. I have one beautiful baby boy...and one step son....i believe in kids saying yes mam, no mam, please and thank you....even to their siblings...i am raisning my son to be a gentle man......ie ladys first, opening doors for strangers, and just being a good human being....he is 20 months...and if i say no...he knows i mean no....

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

airbear41
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I feel like I would be repeating all of the things talked about so far! Manners and respect are a big thing for me. I love to have fun but believe there are rules and I will have no problem with the discipline (spanking included). My daughter is only 8 1/2 months, and it is already looking like I will be raising her and my husband at the same time..LOL. I am a 27 year old breastfeeding mama, and I try to make her solid food here at home. Last year was my fourth year teaching kindergarten at a private school, and I am taking a break from teaching while my little one (and ones to eventually come) is too young for school. If my husband made enough money, I would just stay home full time, but right now am looking for a weekend job. I love being a mom!!

kimmie1019
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Hello-I am kim.  I have 2 amazing sk's (13 yrb and 8tr G), and 1 four yr. old. I was taught (as a girl), to cross your legs, respect your elders, there will be no answers of I innterupt, oh (my mom was pretty cool), and always have a great lipstick and sunglasses when quickly leaving the house! I was very close to my grandparents who taought me their ways-my husband-his dad was sixty when he had him and his mom was forty. So it is a perfect match. We believe in time-outs, spanking on the butt-ONLY the butt, his mom hit a lot! Trust is huge with our kids, no cursing, table manners-everything that EVERYONE should do but, doesn't anymore! Commen Courtesy!

Codysmom22908
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 10:40 AM

My name is Sarah and I am 27 and mommy to Cody Gene. We never thought we would have a child after losing one in an ectopic pregnancy but now we have our son. I am the 6th child of 7. My parents were in their 40's when my little brother and I came along, we were the "oops" babies. We lived on the same land as my grandparents so we got a lot of "old fashioned" discipline and I am grateful for it. I feel that the majority of people my age are immature and lack respect. They expect it to be given to them when they have not earned it. I also have a conscience and feel guilty if I lie or do something to hurt someone else. I was brought up with "if you don't have nothing nice to say then keep your mouth shut".

A lot of how I diapline my son people don't like but I can garuntee you that he will be respectful and mindful of how he acts by the time he gets to school age.

I am excited about this group cause maybe I won't get bashed here like I do in other ones.

My son and his "momma dog"!

CafeMom Tickers
J.Norman
by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM

My name is Jennifer Im 26 with 3 kids!! My kids are taught to be respectful and they do get spankings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)