Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spanking?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 549 Total Views

what are your views??

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Xantho
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 10:38 AM

We don't use spanking for every little detail its a 3 strike in our house to be fair.  Warning, Time out, then spanking.  If the problem is still going on after that, things start to be taken out of the room and priviledges are taken away.  I don't see a problem with it.  I got spanked when I was little and I turned out just fine!

Dlinemom
by on Aug. 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I spank as a last resort. When I do spank, I make sure it is a spanking . I only use  my hand, but I usually just have to ask my daughter or neice if they need a spanking.

Glickstein
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM

We spank . We use timeouts . We talk to our daughter when she is doing something wrong. Naughty behavior is not tolerated here . 

Codysmom22908
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 8:11 AM

My son received his first spanking at 12 months after repeatedly telling him and removing him from banging on on window with his toy...needless to say he does not do that anymore and he is 21 months. Generally He gets a couple of warnings, then time out, and then if all else fails he gets a swat. But if he is doing something he really knows he is not supposed to do he get a swat. Yes, I know he is only 21 months but he knows what he is doing and when he just looks at you and smiles like "what are you gonna do about it" then he gets a swat and timeout.

CafeMom Tickers
J.Norman
by on May. 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM

My children do get spankings. We try everything else first. My DF and I had out first big argument because he spank my 2 yr old with a belt and i lost it. I do think that is extremely to young! I dont even spank my 6 yr old with a belt. DF and I both want to raise our kids the way we were raised. My ex and his wife and the 2 of us are pretty much on the same page so it helps a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)