• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you get maternity clothes & how do you know your size?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 342 Total Views

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SamanthaCruz82
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM

You will know you are ready to shop for maternity clothes when you can not fit into anything in your closet.

There is no Target Date like your due date.. and we are all different in our body type & how much we grow / change through out the pregnancy. I suggest not to panic, but rather find it a wonderful excuse to spoil yourself.

I'd try YOUR size in maternity clothes (M if you are a M usually, etc.) for the beginning, and the next size up for the 3rd trimester.

Good luck!

ccspiratemama
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM

LOL, my mom was so excited she started buying me maternity clothes (as well as baby stuff) the day after I told her I was pregnant.... So I've had maternity stuff since I was 5 weeks along. I found some great pants at a garage sale that have an elastic band and a button so you can make them any size you need as you grow- I practically live in them now! They take the worry out of "How long will this fit me?" and other such questions. The brand is tomarrows mother sport.

dychemommy
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2009 at 1:24 AM
When I was pregnant with my son I didn't actually have any real maternity clothes until about half way through. I just wore larger sizes in regular clothes and got flowy shirts and stuff. You can wear regular pants longer (which don't slip down as much as every type of maternity pant I've tried does) by looping a rubber band through the button hole and hooking it on the button. When it starts to get tight, get a bigger rubber band. And low cut pants/shorts/capris work even better. Just depends on what clothes you have/get. As far as size, for regular clothes it depends on how big you are. I had some my normal size but eventually had to move up a couple sizes. If its actual maternity clothes start with the size you'd be in in normal clothes if you weren't pregnant. Since they're cut to fit a belly, you shouldn't need to go too much above your regular size, I've found. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)