Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got the BABY FEVER!! But.... Not TTC yet :(

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 592 Total Views

I so WANT to have a baby, but we aren't TTC yet. ......

I'm 24 and my DH is 28, we've been married for about a year and a half now. We are waiting until we pay off most of our debt so that we can affford for me to quit my job and be a stay at home mom. (this will prob be around the early part of 2011) People all around me are getting pregnant right now or already have babies, and I am longing for it to happen to me. All of my life I have wanted to be a mom!

I record all of the baby shows on discovery health channel, I read people's blogs about their pregnancies and babies, I always want to buy baby clothes when I see cute ones on sale. In our church it's mostly young families with babies, and I feel left out because they don't feel we have anything in common and therefore I don't have many friends there.

Ugggh! I want to start TTC soon, but the hubby wants to wait. Which I guess is a good thing because sometimes I see other people with their kids and think how hard it will be, and how I don't want to have a crazy kid like them lol. Or how much our life will change once we have a baby.....

Anyone else in a similar situation? have similar feelings? Doubts? Longings?

Even if you already have kids or are pregnant now, I would still like to hear from you :)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM

hi... my name is nicole and i have baby fever bad too..all my friends a pregnant or trying right now.. we have two boys we are trying for a girl this time around.. im trying to wait until the end of this year.. the beginning of next year.. so we will see im trying to have will power..and good luck to you.

by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I hear you ....I have two little girls...and hoping for a boy (but another little girl would be fabulous too)...are first was a honeymoon baby...(well we weren't "trying" but we weren't stopping 2nd was a total shock...not planned, not trying...and actually using protection...but we couldn't live without her!!! we really want 3 or 4 kids...but now we are trying to wait so that we can pay off some bills...hubby just enlisted in the reserves so he will be gone from March I think we are going to try and wait to TTC until April 2011 (we are hoping to keep the kids on even years)....but part of me wants to ttc in the early part of 2010 so we have a 2010 baby....its a struggle between being responsible and following my heart....eek.....

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM

well....if you wait to be financially's never gonna

When Dh and I started out on having kids...we had tons of extra money...then things in life happen..and we have WAY less money than before and three times the amount of kids...

I support you in what ever you decide to do...but you never know if it's going to take awhile to get preggo when you do choose to start TTC..... I dunno....

I have felt stress in this TTC again thing..and honestly... for the rest of this year I am done TTC...I am giving it all to God and for now I just want to be here to help the members in their TTC journey...

Just try and work it out with Dh and I wish you the best in your future TTC endeavors!!

Love, Tiffany

Mother of three, TTC and owner of a great group CHRISTIAN MOMS TTC NATURALLY!

by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I am in the same boat. I have such terrible baby fever right now it is not even funny. Mackenzie will only be one year on December 31st but I am wanting another baby soooo bad. I am so "obsessed" with having baby #2 all I can think of is babies and names and when to start TTC. Whenever we go out in public and I hear a newborn I can't help but crane my neck to see the baby, it annoys the hell out of DH.

Unfortunately DH is not ready to start TTC again and it would not be fair to him for me to force another baby on him. After days of dropping hints to him we finally had a talk this afternoon and have decided to wait a year and by this time next year we will decide if by then we are ready to start TTC again. I dearly hope DH will be ready by then, but in the meantime I will drop the subject and just enjoy this time with DD and focus on her alone. Oh and since I have the Mirena an "oops" pregnancy is not likely...  :(

Since we are not TTC yet I want to stay in the group and support those of you who ARE TTC and wish you lots of luck!  :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Yay! the right board for me! I have the baby fever  too. My husband and I have been married for two years, and are in a happy stable relationship. But I got started on school later than planned and I want to have my degree before I have children.......SO we wait. The hubster and I are hoping Oct-Dec this year we will TTC

by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM

well as far as you mentioning people with "brat" kids(as we all have seen throwing fits in walmart while the mother does NOTHING)...if you start out being a good parent and disclipline your kids and teach them right from wrong, your kids wont act that way (too all fail somtimes).

I do know that it's nice to be able to stay at home with the kids. I have worked in law enforcement and had to let someone else watch my son and I HATED it, I now am 100% at home and have been this way since 2005 praise God if you really want to be there with your child then waiting till you can afford to is wise. But things do happen and life has a way of working everything out.

Good luck in the future with the TTC thing! I do have the baby fever again...I was preggo and lost the little girl around 5 months I since then have been trying (6 months)...and it is really HARD to keep seeing those STUPID negative tests...

Also another good thing to hope for is that you could actually start trying in this coming up the time you would have the baby, the bills would be paid off in time for you to stay at home??? Just and the mean time you could work on getting your body ready and start taking those prenatals starting now if you wanted to  :)

Are you a Christian mom who wants to TTC Naturally??? Join group and learn how to get your BFP with Natural and Organic herbs, oils and trusting in God's perfect timing!!!  Click on Picture Below to join the FUN!!!

by on Jan. 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I do understand how you feel. We aren't waiting to ttc, in fact in February we will have been trying for 3 years. However right now I'm on meds for my endometriosis that make it impossible for me to get pregnant and I will be on these meds through april. Then I have to go on birth control pills for a while to regulate my body, then we'll be looking at doing IUI. So I do understand the having to wait (I've been waiting a long time already) We waited until we felt we were financially stable to start ttc. My nest egg is pretty much gone due to all the money we've spent on fertility treatments. But we're looking at having our debt paid off by the end of this year maybe before. And I understand feeling left out, when we started ttc several of our friends and family didn't have children. Now we're the only ones without children and they don't think we understand and we often feel ostracized because of it. All I can do is concentrate on what we can do now that will change after we have a baby. Long bubble baths, sleeping late on Saturdays, baby dancing in the afternoon, and if I get sick I remind myself that it may be the last time I can just concentrate on me and getting better, once baby is here me time will pretty much be gone! Take care sweetie, I know how hard waiting is (we waited over a year before we started ttc, then add the 3 years we've been ttc) and hopefully the time will fly by and you'll be ttc soon!

by on Jan. 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I understand. While I have two wondeful boys I have baby fever so bad and it sucks when dh is not ready for it. I am actually ready to ttc for #3 and hope its a girl its ok if its a boy though. I was in walmart last night and we were in the infant area and I looked at dh and said I want this for christmas talking about a baby. He said maybe next year. However I am hoping tha thing work out for it to happen this year.

by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Thanks for your comments I really appreciate them! (Sorry it took me a while to find my way back here. It's a little hard to be on here sometimes and it makes me want a baby even more... and when I have to wait for almost a year to start TTC..... it's easier to take a break and try to think of something else.)

I know that we will probably never feel quite "ready", financially or emotionally to bring a baby into this world. But our goal is for me to be able to stay at home when we do have a baby. And the way things are right now..... I wouldn't be able to yet.  I've also thought about the option of paying off the debt while I was pregnant and still working, but you never know how your pregnancy will go and if I could even continue working. 

littlepeanut21: I feel bad for even complaining about my wait when I think of the things that you have had to go through in your wait. I don't know how easy it will be for me to become pregnant, but I sure hope it's easy! I really look up to people like you that have to go through SO MUCH hard stuff just to get to your sweet babies. And for you to try to help me feel better when you are going through so much more, it shows how awesome you really are. I hope things are going good with your medications and that it will all work for you :)

Mommyof3: Thanks for all of your input! (My husband works in law enforcement as well) I'm sorry to hear about the loss of yur sweet angel.  I haven't had to go through anything like that yet, and hope that I don't have to. I remember my mom going through several miscarriages and eptopic pregnancies while I was young and I never really understood what was going on. People would bring us dinners and flowers and I never knew what the big deal was. I feel so bad now to think of what she had to go through over and over again. Hopefully your TTC journey is going well now.... I'll have to go try to check out your profile to see ;)

BUT! thing's have changed a little since I wrote this original post.... my DH is now mentioning "our baby" quite often. When we go to the store he walks down the baby isles to look at things. He talks about what color we'll paint the nursery etc. It's been really encouraging to see that he is getting to that point where he wants this too! He even told me that he is excited to be a daddy :)

So it looks like we will probable start TTC around Sept of this year. (We have a vacation we are going on at the end of Aug and he wants to wait until after that to try.) I'm excited that we have a timeline now.... but also a little nervous. Sometimes I feel completely unqualified to be a mommy, but I'm sure most people do their first time.

Anyone else planning to TTC in late summer/fall/winter of 2010??

by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 8:31 AM

My daughter is 11 months old and my husband and I are in the same boat. We want to start trying for #2 but we just moved and my husband just started a new job so we want to wait to  make sure that he is going to be there for a while before we start trying again. It took 2 1/2 years to conceive my daughter and so I get worried it's going to take forever again. We'll probably start trying again next month! I can't wait to be pregnant again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)