Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Metformin?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
Is anyone here taking metformin, or have previously taken it. Im a little confused about whats going on with me. I was diagnosed with PCOS so my doctor put me on metformin and clomid.. I started the metformin the day before i was supposed to ovulate(which has been about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks) but my periods have always been fairly regular, and now im late.. i dont know if it could be a side effect of the metformin or my luck has finally come in and im pregnant.. Any advice or experience??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SpiritFly
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I just started metformin about a month ago. My periods have never been regular, I have maybe 3-4 a year. For the past 2 weeks I have been severely fatigued. I went my doctor and they ran a lot of test and everything is normal. They said with the metformin, any side effects you will have, will happen immediately after its in your system, which only takes a couple of days. I could possibly be pregnant, but I won't know until I get my blood test next week... I have never experienced clomid, so I really cannot say anything about that... 

sewingmama88
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I was on metformin due to my obgyn telling me i had PCOS and i didnt have any side effects. I went to a new OBGYN and found out i dont have PCOS.I would call ur dr and talk to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)