Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First off, I'd like to welcome you to the group!

My name is Em, I'm a 31 year old SAHM to two great boys. DW will be 5 at the end of November and JD will be a year old this month! I also have a 10 year old stepson, who will be 11 at the end of October. I've been with my husband now for almost 8 years (I think! lol).

I had my tubes "tied" during an emergency c-section with my last son. Because I was breast feeding (which is another thing I'd been having issues with), I didn't have a period until my son was 5 months old. They were odd at first but, I thought all periods are after a baby.

Suddenly, my periods that were ALWAYS regular - on time, bleeding the same amount and the same number of days - were a week or two early (so I was having 2 a month). They started going from 3 -4 days to a week and a half. The bleeding was incredible compared to my regular periods and while I'd occasionally have cramps now and again, these were almost comparable, pain wise, to labor.

I'd always had occasions of PMS but, what I've been experiencing now....

I went from being grouchy to completely out of control! I have these rages that I cannot seem to control. I actually kicked my husband in the leg one weekend!!! I felt so awful about it and was so embarrassed. If I wasn't screaming, yes - kicking, or throwing things, I am crying. Not just occasional tears either. I would cry and do cry for days on end now! If it's not any of that, it's almost flat out depression! And at night.....I don't think I can crank the air down low enough!!

What hurts me the most about all this, is two things. One - I'm only 31 and experiencing perimenopausal symptoms and two - NO ONE told me about this before hand. I might've chosed this same thing but, I would've liked to have been able to make this decision with all the information. Now, I cannot afford to go in to get a reversal.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my story with you all and I cannot wait to get to know all of you. Please share your story too. We all may or may not experience this in similar fashions and you don't know who it could help to see your story.

HUGS - Em

The sad side of things

by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Replies (11-11):
mommasle3
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 8:47 AM
Hello I'm shelby I had my tubal ligation back on 2015 after my daughter was born i was in a bad relationship filing for divorce and didnt want any chance to get pregnant and compcate things more i have 3 beautiful babys 4 3 and 2 but wish i could change things i know suffer from heavy periods painful cramps no libeto amd many days depressed wishing i could have a baby with my new husband who has no kids been thinking of starting a go fund me but dont want to come off as wanting free hand outs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)