Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 103 Total Views

Hello.  To introduce myself...

My name is Amanda.  I am 29.  I have been married to my DH for 11 years.  I have 3 girls (11, 8 in Dec, and 5) and 2 boys (3 in Dec and 17 months).  I am a natural minded momma.  My family is moving soon to a farm where we will be living off-grid 'pioneer style' (as I call it).  We will be building our own house using earth bag building.  We will be using a well, solar power, composting toilet, gardening/hunting/canning, raw milk, farm fresh eggs from our chickens, etc...   Until we get it built, probably in the spring, we will be staying at a friends cabin they are building for us, with very limited electricity and will have to haul our water. 

We are expecting our 6th in Jan/Feb 2010.  My EDD is the day before my 12th anniversary.  :)  I hope to go late.  I would love to birth my baby on the 6th of Feb, because that was my Grandmother's birthday.  :)  We are planning our 3rd home birth and first UC.  I am wanting to try a water birth with this baby, and have been working hard to get everything together.  Last week, I finally finished my birth kit.  :) 

I have slowly been building up to this birth.  My first 3 were born in the hospital.  I had an epidural with each one of them, so I never got to experience a natural birth until my 4th (our 1st son).  I researched out home birth and told DH that I felt very strongly that our 4th should be born at home.  DH agreed immediately, and that is how our last 2 have been birthed. 

My 1st home birth was with a CNM, who was wonderful.  Our 2nd was assisted by a friend.  I never really felt comfortable with others at my birth.  I want to be able to be me.  To feel free of stress, of being watched and monitored constantly.  I want to be able to sing, cry, sleep, bathe, walk naked if I wanted.  All without someone I am not intimate with being there.  I am completely at peace with this birth.  I know that I can do it with just me and DH.  I know we are prepared and knowledgeable about what we are going to be doing.  I am excited and looking forward to meeting my little one. 

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)