Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prediction of sex of children...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 484 Total Views

When I was a little girl, the family that first introduced me to spell craft used to do this thing with a needle and thread. One threads the needle and then dangles it over the wrist of a girl or woman, and the needle will swing back and forth or round and round in turn and this was supposed to predict how many children you would have and what sex they were.

If done on a pregnant woman it would tell the sex of that child.

Has anyone heard of this, and if so, which was which? Round in a circle for a girl and back and forth for a boy or visa versa? Ever know it to work?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hedgewitch
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM

This is called dousing for the birth of a child and there are many ways of doing it.

A circle is a girl as the circle is the genitalia of a female and the straight line is that of a male.

Some people use a needle some people use stones.

Some people also wait until their fifth month and use an machine called an ultra-sound, that will some times give a good idea.

~ silly smile~

livewell
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:21 AM

It must hurt to sit on that smart ass LOL And my previous pregnancies, they made sure they stayed covered up!

Quoting Hedgewitch:

This is called dousing for the birth of a child and there are many ways of doing it.

A circle is a girl as the circle is the genitalia of a female and the straight line is that of a male.

Some people use a needle some people use stones.

Some people also wait until their fifth month and use an machine called an ultra-sound, that will some times give a good idea.

~ silly smile~

latestarter
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Every time our family expects a baby we do this.  It has always been right for us.  My sister was determined that I would have a girl when I was pregnant in 2008, but after dousing told us it was a boy she changed her mind because of the history of accuracy that we've had with this method.  He turned one on Jan. 30! 

I've never heard of doing it for the number of kids you will have...just the sex of each, once pregnant...how does that work?

brokenflutterby
by Member on May. 27, 2009 at 5:06 AM

It seems to be just a pendulum. Only with a specific question.

I was taught that with each pendulum the method of answering is different. You should always ask a "sample" question first, a question that you already know the answer to. (Like I may ask, "Am I female?" and if it swayed back and forth then that would be the way it answered "yes" everytime.) You could simply ask it to show you how it would indicate boy and how it would indicate girl and then ask the gender of the baby. Or if you're trying to figure out how many children ask it for even vs. odd numbers and then do yes/no for each number in that category. (i.e.: back and forth = even, circle = odd, even or odd? odd. b & f = yes, circle = no. 1? no. 3? no. 5? yes.) Just my take on it...

~Flutter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)