Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do these TSH numbers mean?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 2309 Total Views

I just had a baby 6 weeks ago. I have been on the Hypo side the past few years, but the pregnancy actually stabilized my Thyroid levels. I just got my TSH levels back from my doctors assistant, and I am waiting for my doctor to call me back. My TSH levels were 0.046. What does that mean? Am I on the hyper side now?

by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tat2dCaliMama
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM

According to my dr, my TSH is 0.01 and a normal range is 0.40 - 4.50 

Mdaisey
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Quoting Tat2dCaliMama:

According to my dr, my TSH is 0.01 and a normal range is 0.40 - 4.50 

So are my levels off? Am i hyper? I am so confused

Tat2dCaliMama
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I'm still trying to figure that out haha!! I thought I was hyper now but someone told me I'm hypo. I thought that if your levels are above normal, you're hypo; if they're below normal, you're hyper. But from what I hear it's the other way around. If you're below normal, you're hypo and if you're above normal, you're hyper!? LOL AHH!! I'm confused too.

Mdaisey
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Quoting Tat2dCaliMama:

I'm still trying to figure that out haha!! I thought I was hyper now but someone told me I'm hypo. I thought that if your levels are above normal, you're hypo; if they're below normal, you're hyper. But from what I hear it's the other way around. If you're below normal, you're hypo and if you're above normal, you're hyper!? LOL AHH!! I'm confused too.

I know all about hypo and the numbers, but go the opposite way, I have no idea!!!

Helen
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Below normal is hyper. Above normal is hypo.

I am not sure, but I think you are on the low side of normal.

Sweetttc79
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM

You are really on the hyper side! Does your Dr know your levels? You should be in the normal range esp if you are breastfeeding becuase otherwise your milk supply goes down! Check it out! Also me endo told me being hyper isn't good for your heart. hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
swtpbloom
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I was told by my Endo that they want your TSH to be between 1 and 2. what you feel normal at can be between 1 and 4 or 5. I was diagnosed with hyper/graves in march of 06. My TSH at diagnosis was .005, I would say that you are on the hyper side of normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)