• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Severe Allergies and Thyroid Levels

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:30 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 243 Total Views

I was diagnised in 07 with graves disease.  I had been sick for nearly a year with a bout of very intense allergies.  I literally felt like I was falling apart at 45.  I had the RAI and since have gone through so many ups and downs with my levels so I have decided I was going to try and note the changes or environmentally, emotionally/stress, and health wise when my numbers seem to be unstable.  The last two times I have had numbers too low -meaning I was showing signs of hyper thyroid have been during times when my allergies are really bad.  Thsi leave me to wonder is it my allwrgies throwing my numbers off or are my thyroid levels exaggerating my allergies???  Anyone else ever dealt with this?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Heartlight617
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:31 PM
I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and alot of allergies. Food, environmental, eczema,and frequent hive like rashes (started a year ago) which are supposed to be connected to my thyroid issues. It is an autoimmune disorder, which makes me more susceptible to things like this.It's exhausting! lol
Carol
tikigoddess
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I too have Hypothyroid and Hashimoto's too and I've noticed one weird thing.  I have severe respiratory allergies to airborne substances: ragweed, dust, pollen, trees, grass, cat dander and cigarettes, and have noticed that the times that I can't breathe or my nose is running like a faucet, my goiter is really noticable!  It must have something to do with the immune system response to the allergens, but exactly what, I don't know.  I'm going to see the Endocrinologist next Tuesday and I'll be sure to bring it up and report what he says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)