Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hashimotos and TTC/pregnancy

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:16 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 324 Total Views

I was diagnosed with Hashimotos in February after testing positive for the antibody test.  We miscarried at 5 weeks in November and I know that I HAD a luteal phase defect as I was spotting 4-5 days before my period.  Is there anyone that has Hashi's and is pregnant now or was pregnant and carried a baby to term?  I am so nervous about TTC since miscarrying and also finding out that I have Hashi's as I've read it increases your risk of miscarriage.  I need to hear some success stories, please!  Please tell me there is hope for us having another child.  Thanks!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
catiemac
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Yes!!!  I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in December when I was 11 weeks pregnant!  But I am sure I had had it for months before that because of symptoms.  Here I am now 27 weeks pregnant and not even considered high risk or anything :)  It did take awhile to get my TSH down from 7 to 2.7, where it is now.  But My Drs are not concerned.  I had ultrasounds at 6, 12, and 19 weeks and each time baby was growing perfectly and matched up with my ovulation date and due date.  My Drs test my TSH/T4 every 4 weeks and I see an OB and an endocrinologist.  That's it!  I know a handful of other mamas with Hashi's and/or hypothyroidism and all have had successful pregnancies :) 

The best thing you can do is make sure that your levels are under control now, pre-conception.  I've seen some of those scary statistics about miscarriage and Hashi's, but I've also heard that having your thyroid under control is the most important thing you can do to prevent miscarriage.   And hey.. I went into this pregnancy uncontrolled and undiagnosed and even with that my baby seems to be doing pretty well (and kicking like crazy!). 

Tinyhourglass
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I was dx'd in Mar 2010 after miscarrying in Feb.  My TSH was 289 at that time.  My meds have been increased after each blood draw until this March. I am now at 125 mg lovethyroxine & my last 2 draws were March 21~1.54 & April 12~ 1.02.  I found out I am pregnant April 7.  I am hoping to carry this baby since my level is good. I am older however at 39.  Good luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)