Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WELCOME! Introduce yourself here.....

Posted by   + Show Post

Thanks for joining the group. I'm Lily.

I have had hypothyroidism since 1998. I have had it under control since 3 years ago as I was not on any medication for it for years. I was first on Synthroid and then I thought I was fine and for a while didnt have insurance, but thought my levels were ok and they weren't. Since 2008 Ive been on Lisinopril and its been working fine. 

I have other health issues going on as well, recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and recently found out via an MRI Ive had a disc protrusion in my lower back for almost a year now and living with that constant pain. Til I lose weight nothing much they can really do. So Im working on losing weight via my mela plan with diabetes and getting back to 180 which is where I was years ago and was fine. 

Feel free to introduce yourself here and your experience with thyroid trouble or any other health issues you have. 

Let's support each other make a new friend or two! 

Again....Welcome to the group!!! 

by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 1:00 PM
Replies (41-48):
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Im way over weight so I've got HBP. I hope soon as I lose the weight AGAIN -- if possible it will go back down and no need for 3 meds for it. 

I take carvelilol, losartan and Lisinopril. Without the meds my heart rate is over 140 or around there. ON the meds, I am at 118 to 130. 

I was at the ER Sunday for a kidney stone I am trying to 'give birth' to and pass and my BP was 143 and then down to 140 but I explained ON my meds its way lower.

Good luck -- and DO ask your Doc if you have questions and have them explain it all. What we read on the internet can be intimidating and a bit scary too. 

Quoting Behindthelense:

Yeah, I was on PTU 3x a day but the endo took me off and put me on Tapazole 1x a day. I also have propranolol because my heart rate has been 130 and higher as well as my blood pressure :/

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Hello Abby. Welcome to the group. I'm Lily.

I have hypothyroidism and am well overdue for a blood draw to see where my levels are at. I take Levothyroxine. 

Been Hypo since 2004 or 2005 now. Have the dry skin and a bit of memory issues of and on which is not fun at all. Hate that. I can remember a few weeks but not yesterday or 5 items to go into the store to get I need. Always need a list!!! 

I take Levothyroxine - but sure I need it adjusted. Been stagnant with weight for a while now. HATE that part of it. I can lose it and then back it comes. 

Glad you got your diagnosis so that you KNOW what is going on. Not glad of course you HAVE it. 

I do not understand the levels and all that but when my white blood cell count went to 15 I had to see a hematologist to make sure I did not have cancer, which was scary waiting for those blood tests to come back. 

She had said my thyroid was the culprit more than likely as my neck is a bit bigger. 

Just procrastinating getting back to my Docs office. 

Good luck to you! Are you on any medication yet? 

Quoting Behindthelense:

Hi, I'm Abby, I was just recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and yesterday I was told it's probably Graves. I started having issues last year around this time so I was glad to get a diagnosis, there is just so much to take in though.

fkh8ah
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Hey y'all, my names Felicia I'm 26 with 4 kids and 28 weeks pregnant..back last April after blood work and uptake scan the docs thought i had graves due to levels and antibodies, well i found out after switching doctors that, that wasnt the case and was being treated for the wrong diagnosis which is why i got so bad..at 13 weeks pregnant i found out there was a specific test to look for graves and it pointed to no along with symptoms not matching they said i had Hashimotos and the reason my uptake and blood showed hyper was due to my levels fluctuating so much..finally they put me on Levothyroxine and after a few adjustments i started to feel soooo much better and could actually enjoy my pregnancy and somewhat keep up with my kids again lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Welcome to the group.

Sorry you had to go through all that and had the wrong diagnosis. Glad the Levothyroxine is helping you. I have been on that a while but getting blood work tomorrow to see if I need it changed and what IS up with my thryroid as I've not had it checked in a while.

Congrats on the baby -- when is your baby due? Take care!

Quoting fkh8ah:

Hey y'all, my names Felicia I'm 26 with 4 kids and 28 weeks pregnant..back last April after blood work and uptake scan the docs thought i had graves due to levels and antibodies, well i found out after switching doctors that, that wasnt the case and was being treated for the wrong diagnosis which is why i got so bad..at 13 weeks pregnant i found out there was a specific test to look for graves and it pointed to no along with symptoms not matching they said i had Hashimotos and the reason my uptake and blood showed hyper was due to my levels fluctuating so much..finally they put me on Levothyroxine and after a few adjustments i started to feel soooo much better and could actually enjoy my pregnancy and somewhat keep up with my kids again lol

fkh8ah
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Welcome to the group.

Sorry you had to go through all that and had the wrong diagnosis. Glad the Levothyroxine is helping you. I have been on that a while but getting blood work tomorrow to see if I need it changed and what IS up with my thryroid as I've not had it checked in a while.

Congrats on the baby -- when is your baby due? Take care!

Quoting fkh8ah:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I was only told I have Hypothyroidism.

I am in need of a scan as its been over 10 yrs since my last one. So we shall see what my blood work shows tomorrow. 

That's great though you noticed a difference. Do you find you have dry skin at all?

Mine is horrible and I lose a bit of hair too! Not fun! It's not as thick as it used to be. 

Oh the joys! NOT! 

I will put your name next to your Avatar, so this way I can address you -- I'm Lily. 

Quoting fkh8ah:

Rosebud333776
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Hi i am Trish. I was Dx with hypothyroidism approx. 1yr ago. I was placed on a small dose of synthyroid. Like Lily pond i also take Lisinopril.Itake this for high BP.I also have compression fractures (lumbar spine). I have Sjogren's syndrome and a host of other health issues for being 48. Most of the time i handle it all pretty well. Glad to join you.
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Welcome to the group Trish. 

Goodness, I have back issues as well.

My last blood levels were OK for my thyroid so I am on the same dosage as I have been for 2 yrs. -- 

Quoting Rosebud333776:

Hi i am Trish. I was Dx with hypothyroidism approx. 1yr ago. I was placed on a small dose of synthyroid. Like Lily pond i also take Lisinopril.Itake this for high BP.I also have compression fractures (lumbar spine). I have Sjogren's syndrome and a host of other health issues for being 48. Most of the time i handle it all pretty well. Glad to join you.

HEATHER572
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Hi Everyone!! I'm Heather - I am hypothyroid - diagnosed in 2004.  Have a 7 yr old DD, who I was told I'd never have by a very rude doctor.  I'm married 10 years.  I was on levoxyl untl the recent 'shortage' - now I'm on synthroid - and cytomel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN