Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thyroid Problems and Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

Does anyone have thyroid problems and rheumatoid arthritis?  If so, what were/are your symptoms for RA?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

its in my knee it locks and my hands my hands go from numb no feeling to very painful find an endro that can help you with both

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Thank you.  I have another appointment with my endro next month so I will bring it up.  I just had my initial appontment with him and he just put me on thyroid medication.  He's supposed to be one of the best in my area so I hope he can help me. Thank you again!

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

its in my knee it locks and my hands my hands go from numb no feeling to very painful find an endro that can help you with both

nikkikry
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Well I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Thyroid problems...but not hypo or hyper. I have a multinodular goiter....tumors all over my thyroid. I had half of it removed because of a golf ball sized tumor.

I've had the RA since I was a child. My joints are always swollen. I'm stiff a lot. The joints are hard to bend and I'm in a lot of pain after standing/sitting too long or when the weather changes. I've always tested negative on the blood tests though.

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Thank you.  I'm hypo and just started medication.  I feel like a science experiment and have come to learn that doctors really don't know that much about autoimmune issues.  It's frustrating because you can be clearly symptomatic but they will look at a blood test and say "you seem fine to me". I finally found a doctor who listened and was willing to try and help me.

Quoting nikkikry:

Well I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Thyroid problems...but not hypo or hyper. I have a multinodular goiter....tumors all over my thyroid. I had half of it removed because of a golf ball sized tumor.

I've had the RA since I was a child. My joints are always swollen. I'm stiff a lot. The joints are hard to bend and I'm in a lot of pain after standing/sitting too long or when the weather changes. I've always tested negative on the blood tests though.

nikkikry
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I can clearly remember having arthritis when I was 6. I'm now 27 and just finally got diagnosed last year at 26. It took 20 years for a doctor to take me seriously because my bloodwork was always "fine". I don't even remember how many doctors I saw in all those years. But I finally found a good one who ordered ultrasounds to actually see the damage and inflamation that was in my joints.

Are you taking RA medications? I'm on Methotrexate and Humira. So far no big improvement except that I no longer have sausage fingers.

Quoting StephanieSH:

Thank you.  I'm hypo and just started medication.  I feel like a science experiment and have come to learn that doctors really don't know that much about autoimmune issues.  It's frustrating because you can be clearly symptomatic but they will look at a blood test and say "you seem fine to me". I finally found a doctor who listened and was willing to try and help me.

Quoting nikkikry:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)