Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to expect at my appointment

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 126 Total Views
Recently my Dr did a blood test and he said my thyroid was a little off so he referred me to a endocrinologist...i still don't know exactly what is wrong with my thyroid...but what can I expect at the endocrinologist?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I am not sure, Ive not seen an Endo yet but they will go over your results from the blood work Im sure and explain any medications should you need them.

Hope all goes well! 

Good luck! 

geminitwiins
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I had to go to an Endo doctor for a completely different reason, but I think LilyPondOasis is right. He should just go over your results and discuss meds. Hope it all went well.

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Mine just felt my neck and listened to lungs, heart, all that good stuff. It wasn't too weird or anything. We went over med options. You don't know if it was under or over active? What was your tsh level?

Behindthelense
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM

You've probably already been but..

Mine took my blood pressure and heart rate (both mine have been pretty high recently) They'll listen to your heart and lungs, feel your neck, probably have you swallow some water while feeling your thyroid. Then go over all your results and any questions you have. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)